13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

was just numb

after all that...................

when Edin scored I just thought it was another once typical rubbing of salt into the wound

numb

then........

Didn't really know what to think and how to feel, thought of a lot of the times i'd seen us throw games away, bournemouth 3 up at half time to end up 3-3, Liverpool and Lomas in the corner with the ball and other games. Really couldn't believe we was losing and didn't know how to react, had the same feeling when Dzeko scored as when Horlock scored v Gillingham but in all honesty really didn't think we'd grab another, just thought it was a consolation and remember looking at the scoreboard and thinking why today of all days. I thought of the players hunched up or lay out flat on the pitch afterwards, thought of the silence in the ground, the typical fucking city, the players doing a lap of the pitch applauding us and us them and singing 'we'll support you ever more' and the obligatory we'll be back stronger next year, thought about the pain and the anger, the media going fucking mad on us and the texts raining in from rags. Then my eldest daughter turned round and for the first time ever I heard her swear in front of me screaming 'Dad what the fuck are we going to do tonight we had it all planned out' - I didn't know what to say to her apart from 'I don't know'. I think I also said 'fuck it' a lot and then in the space of a whirlwind 3 minutes when it all went mad and the nearest thing I can compare was Dickov's goal but in reality it was a thousand times more mental the world just changed and all those thoughts and feelings were lost forever :-)

Yes Pam the hissy fit from hell!!!Went to a local Arsenal pub got laughed out the pub, the result came up as the game was not in, 2-1 to QPR! Went round to the Alma where the game was actually playing, was laughed out of the pub, a small 6 year old dirty faced child covered in Coca Cola and Crisp crumbs, came screaming at me whilst I took a one puff draw having a cigarette "Nick! Nick! the score is 2-2! Still could not console me, remember saying words to the effect of "Typical City all a bit flipping late, world is doomed, we will NEVER be here again. We are total poo" You get my drift, however steaming drunk and language was not something an adult of 52 should be proud of. Next minute taking the last draw of life before throwing myself under the next bus. "Nick! Nick! 3-2 missed it! Complete wanker that I am missed the winner, like the day I walked out of Wembley in 99' 15 minutes before the end! Don't know the child's name but he knows me, when I am old, want to buy that child a drink for keeping me updated.

My tantrum that day can only be described as very very camp!

Better than listening to the radio. The pain of that day and my behaviour can only be described as the actions of a complete prick, however the joy of that moment walking into that quiet pub pumping y arms was incredible as I came and pissed in my pants at the same time.

To this day I only have a mental image of those goals! The joy of being a City supporter.

Pam said:
Did any of you have a tantrum at 1-2 and time all but up?

No..... I was getting sick of the guy next to me saying "maybe next year" but felt low but strangely calm.....

The subsequent high was surreal, the FA cup final was more emotional but only because the QPR result was impossible to take in at the time....

No tantrum for me, just good old numbness and despair. The thought of what everyone would be saying about us fucking it up in spectacular style was not a pleasant one.

When Dzeko scored I had the barest flicker of hope and just kept telling myself a mantra I've heard since I was a kid "it only takes a second to score a goal". NEVER works with City, until recently that is!

Barely even cheered Aguero's goal as I didn't believe it was real until I saw him on the floor buried under the rest of the team. The high for the first couple of mins after was unreal, like walking on air, only ever matched for me by the 4-3 at Spurs but obviously this meant a lot more!

No I didn't tantrum. I didn't think we'd do it because of who we were. I was born in 85 so by the time I was old enough to tie my shoe laces we were bobbins and had been throughout my entire life up until a couple of years earlier.

But even so, I stood there, grim faced. I couldn't control what fate gave us, but I could control the manner in which I received it, so I resolved to take what came like a man.

Mackie scored and i just sat down and genuinely believed it was all over.

10 minutes later i found life again to stand up but i didn't move once. Didn't shout, speak chant, not a word.

Paddy Kenny caught that corner in injury time, and it was one of the worse feelings ever. Dzeko scored and i didn't even celebrate, didn't move an inch.

QPR took the corner, we won it back and De Jong took it down field. I didn't move until Sergio hit the winning goal. 20 seconds later i found myself 5 rows away from my own seat and people falling over everywhere.

I can't even remember what happened when we scored, mind is blank.

Pam said:
Did any of you have a tantrum at 1-2 and time all but up?
Never felt so sick and then so happy in the same hour if you told me it is gonna happen this year I'm stayin the hell away I thought my hart was gonna blow up and 2 cracked ribs to boot was it worth it ? COURSE IT FUKIN WAS HAHA.

From Cisse's goal up to Sergio's I had this recurring image in my head of Ferdinand lifting the Premier League trophy and how I wouldn't be able to bear watching the scenes at the Stadium of Light, which is ridiculous as he wasn't even united's captain - that would have fallen to Evra, I guess.

When Edin scored, like most of the people around me, I did celebrate, albeit in a very limited fashion.

Then a minute or so later, insanity. Pure undiluted insanity.

We are so privileged to have experienced such a day and to have been on the journey we have for the last few years, but for also what went before it.

The universe was finally smiling on us that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.