13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

saw the comedy side of it, we fucked it up only city know how. it dawned on me i'd never hear the end of this, started to get angry and upset at that point. this had to be our year, if it wasnt, there would have been managerial changes, more wholesale transfers, just not what we needed.

i got more annoyed when dzeko scored.didnt even flinch, just slumped and thought too little too late you bunch of useless tossers. then aguero popped up and i cried my little head off.

never, ever forget that day.

Took the Mrs to this and it was only her 2nd game (First game was 2-3 loss to the rags in FA Cup). We have never had a bad word in nearly 3 years together. I sat with my head in my hands in despair and looked at her and said "I'm never taking you to a f**king game again....your a f**king magpie". Even after the equaliser I sat thinking how cruel life was and the smugness going through the minds of rags that I know. Kun scored, I hugged her to death along with a few total strangers and the flight back to Dublin with fellow blues that night was immense. Unforgettable stuff indeed.

I could just picture the constant jibes from the United fans in my head and was close to breaking point. A ruined summer filled with devastation and pain. It would've taken me quite a while to recuperate. When Dzeko equalized I thought, "Why torture us like this City?" So close, yet so far. Then the impossible happened and we clinched it. What a moment and what a day.

Ric said:
I'm not prone to hyperbole, but I honestly felt physically sick from the moment Cisse equalised. I

Me too. Literally sick.

It is the worst I have ever felt, I genuinely believed it was gone. I spent 30 odd minutes just furious, yelling at the players, punching couches. My brother kept telling me to calm down and it would be fine, but at 2am in the morning, and with what was going on, that wasn't exactly easy. When Edin scored I really hoped, it was like waking from a slumber and thinking maybe we could do it. I just hoped it wouldn't be all for nothing. Then He stepped up and I can honestly say it was the best moment of my life. To go from so sad to so perfectly happy was incredible. I honestly felt like running and not stopping, I was just so full of adrenaline. To make it better, my two brothers who hate city just jumped on me and there we stood jumping up and down in disbelief. The perfect moment.

I was with my then 3 year old son who was in his first season as a season ticket holder. He knew we were losing and his face was so disappointed, I thought "welcome to Manchester son" - he'd never been to a game and seen them lose since he was born. I felt like crying.

I remember the guy on the tannoy kept repeating something along the lines of "at the final whistle, fans are reminded not to go on the pitch" After about the 6th time he said it a big loud grown went out from the fans "oh fuck off will you, shudupppp" and that was in the North Stand. However, it was although he knew something we didn't, looking back on it now!

I was slumped back in my seat with tightly folded arms and trying to think of what to say to my rag friends if I'm honest, but my mind was numb, no excuses were forthcoming, and I pondered the benefits of taking my son home early. Then when Dzeko scored I remembered that I walked out at the Gillingham game and ended up watching the penalty shoot out in a London pub after a frantic run to find one, my arms became unfolded and my posture improved.

When Aguero scored......well..... you know the rest, but let's just say my 4 year old is thinner now than he was, and his eyeballs are likely slightly larger.

Watching that counter run down tipped me over the edge. Curse broken!

But, ever mindful of 'that' Spurs cup game, I couldn't bring myself to walk on the pitch. The negative press we got for that haunted us and my uncle ended up in a cell over it.....so I just watched and enjoyed one of the most astonishing days in my life - from the stand.

Incredible day. I could write a book about it. A couple of days later I copied the photo's off my camera and it's hard to tell what part of the day all the picture are taken. It's rather comical. The looks of despair, nerves, elation are scattered all over the place thoughout the pictures, before the game, during the game and after.

I had a sit down protest, even when we equalised I didn't get up off my seat, it was my 10 year old son who told me to grow up and get up (ha, what does he know, all he's seen is City winning things and looking good..!!).
Well he showed me how to believe...............!!!

Stretford Born Blue said:
I had a sit down protest, even when we equalised I didn't get up off my seat, it was my 10 year old son who told me to grow up and get up (ha, what does he know, all he's seen is City winning things and looking good..!!).
Well he showed me how to believe...............!!!

I actually tutted when Edin scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.