13 Years Ago Today - Elano

Elano had an attitude problem and was integral to the Brazil clique in the dressing room with Robinho and Berti. He had incredible talent but wouldn't apply himself. I'd single Portsmouth Away as a particularly bad Elano performance.

I remember before that Newcastle game I bought the purple away top and got Elano 11 on the back. Absolutely buzzing after the game walking about with that on.

In terms of best freekick i'm torn between Elano's and Tevez against Stoke. All of Yayas get overlooked as well because he made them look so easy.

I remember before that Newcastle game I bought the purple away top and got Elano 11 on the back. Absolutely buzzing after the game walking about with that on.

In terms of best freekick i'm torn between Elano's and Tevez against Stoke. All of Yayas get overlooked as well because he made them look so easy.
Tevez for me...Elano's special too though...goalie should have saved Tarnat's...

Over the seasons we've been at The Etihad I've had two regular sayings (apart from the oft uttered Fuck off, Moss, yer cheating bastard!). One was 'Bullet header, Vinnie!' as we awaited a corner. And I failed to utter it just before David Silva took the corner on 45 and Vinnie blasted the Rag net. The other, preceding a score-able free kick just outside the box was 'Top left hand corner, just like Garrincha!' I offered this to Elano just as he was sizing up the kick, looked at summat else and the bastard had taken it and scored. I must have been among a handful that day who didn't see it live!

Elano had an attitude problem and was integral to the Brazil clique in the dressing room with Robinho and Berti. He had incredible talent but wouldn't apply himself. I'd single Portsmouth Away as a particularly bad Elano performance.

I do not think that is true. No doubt he had a close friendship with Robinho, and would probably side with him in dressing room spats, but on the pitch he had a really good work ethic.

I do not think that is true. No doubt he had a close friendship with Robinho, and would probably side with him in dressing room spats, but on the pitch he had a really good work ethic.
Crawled down Broadway after a loss at The Etihad one day and creeping past me in the outside lane was a black Range Rover E1 ANO.

Craig Bellamy’s Autobiography begs to differ. Remember, City kept him over Robinho. There was no work ethic when he didn’t turn up. His whole demeanour reeked of sulk and whine when the chips were down.

Rose tinted glasses that mate.

Elano clearly had a beef with Hughes though, and who can blame him the man was a clown. Doesn't excuse being half arsed though.

Sane and KDB have scored some incredible free-kicks.

I particularly liked KDB’s under the wall free-kick against....I can’t remember. Sigh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.