13 Years Ago Today - Elano

Sane and KDB have scored some incredible free-kicks.

I particularly liked KDB’s under the wall free-kick against....I can’t remember. Sigh.
We’ve seen some brilliant free-kicks at Etihad, including a few by His Majesty, Merlin, last season, but I still reckon Elano's tops the lot.

Last edited:
Nedum’s reaction in the celebrations to that free kick still makes me laugh.

Elano, could have been a great player with the right desire and application, sometimes, ability alone isn’t enough .

Last edited:
You’ll struggle to ever see a better free kick, got his name in the back of a white shirt back then, not sure if it was away or 3rd.

My first ever game!

I spent my youth playing at weekends so never got the chance to travel until I retired from sport and this was my first chance to get over, having supported city since the mid nineties lol.

My now wife was the first in the stadium to scream as that free went in, it was utter magic.

I’ll always love that city team, bunch of legends. Gave us so much hope at the time after the Pearce misery!

Craig Bellamy’s Autobiography begs to differ. Remember, City kept him over Robinho. There was no work ethic when he didn’t turn up. His whole demeanour reeked of sulk and whine when the chips were down.

That is just an opinion, pretty sure Nedum Onouha said on his podcast the exact opposite. Still its all about opinions, I thought he was a cracking player during that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.