14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dias made a few rash decisions last night, e.g. coming out of defense and holding onto the ball too long. I wonder if LaPorte would have been better at finding passes before he'd step out too far.

I love the both btw.
Since Dias came back, our defense has been extremely solid again!! Dias has 10 times more leadership, mentality and organization skills. If there is an automatic starter for us in defense is him. Not to mention all the times Laporte has cost us important games in knockouts with big mistakes. Stones and Dias are by far our best partnership.

He probably would have been better at finding passes earlier. Don't like the fact that Dias has picked up the habit of holding the ball too long.

But that slide interception from Vinicius cross that was on course to Benzema is the reason why Dias has to play. Laporte probably doesn't make that play.
Think they’re all told to hold onto the ball at the back now. Pep has implemented some of De Zerbi’s ideas. Grealish also mentioned in his interview that they were told to have “5 or 6” touches of the ball. In the past you’d hear the players saying 1 or 2 touches but now it’s changed. We’re trying to bait them into pressing but Madrid were disciplined and just waited. So I wouldn’t say it’s a habit Dias has picked up, it’s just how we try to play now. I think Pep is infatuated with De Zerbi and Brighton.

Think they’re all told to hold onto the ball at the back now. Pep has implemented some of De Zerbi’s ideas. Grealish also mentioned in his interview that they were told to have “5 or 6” touches of the ball. In the past you’d hear the players saying 1 or 2 touches but now it’s changed. We’re trying to bait them into pressing but Madrid were disciplined and just waited. So I wouldn’t say it’s a habit Dias has picked up, it’s just how we try to play now. I think Pep is infatuated with De Zerbi and Brighton.
Kyle and Akanji don't seem to have become infatuated with it. I understand holding the ball to bring someone in. But Dias just dilly dalljes on the ball forever only to pass into a harder situation. John used to do this a few years back ( still does a bit) looking for the perfect pass only to wait so long that only poor options are available.

We really need to get away from the sluggishness. We win when we move the ball and players quickly in and out of areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.