14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a top professional, and should he seek a transfer (and no doubt they'll be queuing up to sign him) he'll be missed in our squad; even if we have some talented and flexible defenders with others in development, injuries happen.

I'll be sorry if he goes, which seems the likely outcome if he's looking for a more 'guaranteed' starting place.

Whatever he does, I'll be grateful for his time with us and will wish him the best - and should he revisit us, I'll give him the respect he deserves - on each side of the whistle.

I don't agree with the telegraph report this morning that Laporte has dropped to 6th choice defender in our squad.
We have Lewis, Walker, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Ake and Gomez. That's 7 defenders for 4 positions. With Lewis & Stones often moving into a hybrid midfield.
Laporte is class. If he goes to another team he will be first choice centre back...like he is for Spain.

Laporte to Villa? Like buying a Rolls Royce to pull a farm trailer. Nope from me.
I can see that Emery might give Villa some appeal for Laporte but it would be a big step down. He is a top 4 level defender and Arsenal would probably be a more suitable destination as their backup defenders arguably lost them the league after Saliba got crocked.

I think he probably wants to go back to Spain to be honest, certainly wouldn’t sell him to the Arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.