14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's been great. I'd be tempted to play him instead of Dias in the center again.

Can be relied on. Played well but looks slow, maybe just short of match fitness. No worries when he’s in the team.

Dias made a few rash decisions last night, e.g. coming out of defense and holding onto the ball too long. I wonder if LaPorte would have been better at finding passes before he'd step out too far.

I love the both btw.

I wonder how he’d do as a DM next to Rodri in our 3421 formation. Stones had a few bad games as DM a year or two ago but he’s really flourished since. DM would play to Laporte’s strengths (ball progression, dictating play) and hopefully negate the weaknesses (lack of pace, wide areas). He’s been an excellent servant, would love to see him get another chance.
He wants to play so he can be in the Spain team, and it’s not going to happen at City, except injuries & rotation. Cash in while the getting is good!

Dias made a few rash decisions last night, e.g. coming out of defense and holding onto the ball too long. I wonder if LaPorte would have been better at finding passes before he'd step out too far.

I love the both btw.
He probably would have been better at finding passes earlier. Don't like the fact that Dias has picked up the habit of holding the ball too long.

But that slide interception from Vinicius cross that was on course to Benzema is the reason why Dias has to play. Laporte probably doesn't make that play.

hees been very good for us but also had his bad moments. whenever we came short in the cl he was at the helm (lyon, madrid at home, tottenham). its small margins on this level and something seems to be missing for him to be truly world class (probably mental). would play him in the prem though

Don't know why he is not getting more game time, world-class for me, and I would hate to lose him.

A big summer for him lies ahead.
He's probably gone come what may but IF he stays Pep seemingly wants more from him on and off the pitch.
He's got the ability to win a regular starting role back if he proves he wants it enough but it may be too late already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.