14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubting he’s a fantastic player and has been a fantastic player for us, if he leaves and joins the play now pay later brigade, then good luck to him. If I were Real Madrid I’d be all over him. Or PSG, he’d turn them around.
Really see him going to the latter.

I don't know why he is leaving to be honest. He started a lot last season but it was injury that stopped him from featuring more this season. Should consider staying here imo. I am sure pep likes him a lot
Unfortunately for us he wants to play every game, which is OK just not at City. Top centre half though.

It's his decision.

He did fill in really good at Everton and yesterday, even did the DM role on the left side so Pep trusts him even if he's not first choice.

But it's his decision and City won't get in his way if he wants to leave and a good offer comes in.

That doesn't mean Levy can get him for 20 mil though!
He's worth a lot more than that!
His attitude when he's played has been first class.

Lad is a Blue underneath. Whatever his choices and reasons, good luck to him. Squad players who want to play every minute need to show why, otherwise we'll get caught out when they're unavailable.

I think he's pretty misunderstood and hasn't had the credit he deserves from a few of our supporters.

Even from some wishing him well, I'm seeing comments online about things like "I've supported him through the highs and lows" but I don't really think there have been lows, other than a few bad injuries.

People have said he's prone to the odd error but show me a player in our squad who isn't. That's football, especially in a team like ours with such a high line.

When I see Laporte, I see the player who scored the goal to put us ahead against Brighton in 2019 on the last day. I see a player who gritted his teeth, played through a busted knee and delayed surgery to help us win the league last season.

He has committed himself fully for every minute of every game he's played for us since he's been here. You read on here gossip about how he's a sad face but when have we actually ever seen that? He doesn't talk shit in the media and he seems like he's really made an effort to take the young Spanish speaking kids under his wing.

If he wants to leave because he wants to play twice a week every week then I don't hold that against him. He's 28 now and he's still got catching up to do in his international career. I'd understand the ambition, similar to Gabriel Jesus and Zinchenko.

He's a quality defender and gets into the vast, vast majority of starting teams in the world. He's strong, solid in the air, determined, doesn't take shit from anyone and he's quality on the ball.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does and he has all of my respect.
Well said mate!

What he did last season, carrying the defence when we suffered all those injuries and to play on after he got hurt knowing we needed him to help us win the title, showed a true warrior and i'll never forget him for that season alone.

He's very under-rated by a lot of City fans, but he's a quality, composed player who should be playing every week at the highest level.

It was sad to see him cry yesterday but he should know he was key part of our success and we owe him a big thanks.

Whilst it was sad to see him crying, in another way it was also very affirming.

It reflects well on him that he's a man who cares about the club and his job and has never just dialled it in.

It reflects well on the club that this is how players feel when (it appears) their time here comes to an end.

In an era of obscenely compensated and feted footballers, it's easy to forget that one of the things we've done well and has been an integral part of our success is recruitment based on character as well as talent.

He might not always have been able to hide his disappointment at not playing but we're all only human and I'd rather that than some of the people who have stolen a living from us in the past.

We've come so far in so many ways but the calibre of person as well as player is one that stands out to me. I've had a few rival fans say that one of the things they hate about us is that by and large our players, as well as being talented, seem very likeable so they don't even get the satisfaction of calling them tossers!

If/when I Am Eric returns to play against us, I hope he is given a great reception which will be deserved.

Since Stones might be injured or needs rest, I hope Pep can try Laporte to play John's role in the next game.

If he did well, let him continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.