14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d prefer him to stay. Great player. Akanji coming in and being so good killed his minutes.

Mad respect to the lad, but the lack of play time must have been tough for a player of his caliber. I wish him the very best should he decide to leave. Hopefully we will receive a handsome amount too, a defender at his level should be well sought after in many big clubs.

Because it’s important to always be refreshing the squad and Laporte has always been prone to the “bad faces” that Pep hates, which suggests there are squad harmony reasons to let him go too. Been fantastic for us and we wish him well but I don’t doubt Pep’s ability to know when it’s the right time for a player to leave.
I think Laporte pissed Pep off the season before last when he made his displeasure of not starting public. At the time Stones and Dias were playing superb together but Pep broke up that pairing to accommodate Laporte. Maybe he upset the dressing room harmony, who knows, but Pep won't allow any player to do that hence why Cancelo was allowed to go out on loan. Perhaps Laporte is too good not to be starting as regularly as he wants to but he knows that no player is undroppable. He's been a good player for us and if he leaves i wish him well.

Will be sad to see him go. He's been a very good player for us and it shouldn't be underestimated how much he's done for us, when in and out of the team, carrying knocks etc. He was one of the best French CBs but overlooked, switched to Spain as a result and then has gone through a similar time with us but still puts his all in whenever he pulls on the shirt.

It's the right time for him to go, he's not going to be a regular starter and hopefully the club line up a solid enough replacement. Gvardiol seems to be the guy we're after.

I hope we get a good fee for Laporte though, he would easily start for most other teams in Europe.

I think he's pretty misunderstood and hasn't had the credit he deserves from a few of our supporters.

Even from some wishing him well, I'm seeing comments online about things like "I've supported him through the highs and lows" but I don't really think there have been lows, other than a few bad injuries.

People have said he's prone to the odd error but show me a player in our squad who isn't. That's football, especially in a team like ours with such a high line.

When I see Laporte, I see the player who scored the goal to put us ahead against Brighton in 2019 on the last day. I see a player who gritted his teeth, played through a busted knee and delayed surgery to help us win the league last season.

He has committed himself fully for every minute of every game he's played for us since he's been here. You read on here gossip about how he's a sad face but when have we actually ever seen that? He doesn't talk shit in the media and he seems like he's really made an effort to take the young Spanish speaking kids under his wing.

If he wants to leave because he wants to play twice a week every week then I don't hold that against him. He's 28 now and he's still got catching up to do in his international career. I'd understand the ambition, similar to Gabriel Jesus and Zinchenko.

He's a quality defender and gets into the vast, vast majority of starting teams in the world. He's strong, solid in the air, determined, doesn't take shit from anyone and he's quality on the ball.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does and he has all of my respect.

Got to say i still don't get this one really. A world class left footed CB, carried us at times last season and played through injury to help us win the prem.

Hasn't had a great season but whilst Akanji has been great since coming in I still think Laporte on his day is a better player.

Got to say i still don't get this one really. A world class left footed CB, carried us at times last season and played through injury to help us win the prem.

Hasn't had a great season but whilst Akanji has been great since coming in I still think Laporte on his day is a better player.

It's his decision.

He did fill in really good at Everton and yesterday, even did the DM role on the left side so Pep trusts him even if he's not first choice.

But it's his decision and City won't get in his way if he wants to leave and a good offer comes in.

That doesn't mean Levy can get him for 20 mil though!
He's worth a lot more than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.