#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this going to be another case of an obviously good player that just needed a little time to truly find his feet under Pep? Almost certainly (although I'd argue he was doing a lot of the good things he's doing now last season).
Thank God I finished reading before rushing to respond. :) I was gonna say, I think it's more another case of fans failing to adjust their lenses to the realities of on the field performance, and rather sticking to the preconceived notions they came with regardless of what happened.

Is this going to be another case of an obviously good player that just needed a little time to truly find his feet under Pep? Almost certainly (although I'd argue he was doing a lot of the good things he's doing now last season).
You, I, and a few others having been fighting the good fight on multiple fronts of late it seems.

it's Burnley and Fulham, christ. If he can keep up with the likes of Fernandes and Rashford when they counter and win the ball back next week then you can start to talk, till then, Plodri.

You, I, and a few others having been fighting the good fight on multiple fronts of late it seems.
Ah, well. Here's to more years of labour!

it's Burnley and Fulham, christ. If he can keep up with the likes of Fernandes and Rashford when they counter and win the ball back next week then you can start to talk, till then, Plodri.
Is the sole definition of his role in your eyes dealing with counters? Or at least the sole important part of it?

Ah, well. Here's to more years of labour!

Is the sole definition of his role in your eyes dealing with counters? Or at least the sole important part of it?
I find McManaman extremely distracting as a co-commentator and I rarely listen to post match analysis after the post match on field interview. Today I was working and didn't bother turning the telly off and surprise surprise Steve did a post match analysis of the importance of Rodri to the team today and in general. To be brutally honest it was shocking, I thought he was talking about Messi or Ronaldo such was his gushing praise and artistic heat map. If someone posted it here some very humble pies would be on the menu. Not only would the "it's only Fulham or Burnley" brigade have to add "it's only McPointy", they might have to evacuate the Rodri thread.

How many positions do you want him to be in simultaneously, there are 9 other outfield players who also have to get back for counters. What if he takes a shot at goal from just outside the box and it's blocked and booted upfield to Rashford in our half, you want Rodri to be on our goal line to block Rashford's shot. He has good and bad attributes like they all have but all you can see is "Plodri". Relax, watch the game from a broad perspective, your missing out on all the good bits, fretting that Rodri can't give an opponent a 25 yard start and catch up and pass him out, while all the defence stand hands on hips screaming "Rodri, Rodri get back here we want you to do our job, you are the only one the fans want to blame"

Thank God I finished reading before rushing to respond. :) I was gonna say, I think it's more another case of fans failing to adjust their lenses to the realities of on the field performance, and rather sticking to the preconceived notions they came with regardless of what happened.
Glad you finished too but you would have been spot on in the case of some posters whose posts seem to have greatly reduced in the past few weeks.

I hate to be the one to break it here but we’re doing the same thing to Fernandinho like we do when a celebrity/famous person dies - we glorify all of the good things about him and forget/disregard all of the bad things about him.

From the way some people describes Dinho here, he:
  • Never stops running
  • No counter attack ever gone past him, and prevents any counter attack to ever be done on us
  • Control the play and play through presses
  • Passing forward most of the time
  • Never loses the ball
And this is why the fernandinho comparison is unfair to Rodri, it’s because that version of Fernandinho never existed. And believe me I am as much of a fan of Fernandinho as you all are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.