#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be the one to break it here but we’re doing the same thing to Fernandinho like we do when a celebrity/famous person dies - we glorify all of the good things about him and forget/disregard all of the bad things about him.

From the way some people describes Dinho here, he:
  • Never stops running
  • No counter attack ever gone past him, and prevents any counter attack to ever be done on us
  • Control the play and play through presses
  • Passing forward most of the time
  • Never loses the ball
And this is why the fernandinho comparison is unfair to Rodri, it’s because that version of Fernandinho never existed. And believe me I am as much of a fan of Fernandinho as you all are.
I agree to an extent but you do realise it works both ways? There’s plenty of posts on here now that would have people believe that the absolute disaster that Rodri has been for 12 months never existed. Fernandinho wasn’t perfect but for a time, he was as good, if not better than any other CDM out there. When we can say we wouldn’t replace Rodri for any other CDM, then and only then will people start to move on from Fern. It will take more than 2 good performances against cannon-fodder for a lot of people to forget the previous 12 months.

I agree to an extent but you do realise it works both ways? There’s plenty of posts on here now that would have people believe that the absolute disaster that Rodri has been for 12 months never existed. Fernandinho wasn’t perfect but for a time, he was as good, if not better than any other CDM out there. When we can say we wouldn’t replace Rodri for any other CDM, then and only then will people start to move on from Fern. It will take more than 2 good performances against cannon-fodder for a lot of people to forget the previous 12 months.
The previous 12 months was fucked whether we had prime Fernandinho or Rodri because our defense relied on Otamendi and Stones.

The previous 12 months was fucked whether we had prime Fernandinho or Rodri because our defense relied on Otamendi and Stones.
You might be correct but we are a quarter of the way through this season and we sit 5th in the table. We have only won 50% of our games and thanks to some very kind fixture scheduling yesterday was the 1st time we have won back-to-back prem games this season. It’s a whole two weeks since the Spurs shit-show. I just think it’s a little premature to be lauding Rodri as the 2nd coming because he has turned it on against Burnley (who he was great against last season with our shit defence) and Fulham. I hope/pray that he has turned a corner but games against this level of opposition will not give us the answer.

He's been great against shit opposition, let's see how he goes against decent sides, hopefully his form is real
2 things on this . The team hasn't been good againt decent sides for a long time

The way we play he will be exposed at times against top opposition

That's just the way it is . We need to be more clinical against the top teams

Be handy if the other 10 players showed up as well, unless your expecting a defensive midfielder to win games against the top 6 himself.
It’s a collective. Rodri can’t be magnificent when we win and it not be partly his fault when we lose.

You might be correct but we are a quarter of the way through this season and we sit 5th in the table. We have only won 50% of our games and thanks to some very kind fixture scheduling yesterday was the 1st time we have won back-to-back prem games this season. It’s a whole two weeks since the Spurs shit-show. I just think it’s a little premature to be lauding Rodri as the 2nd coming because he has turned it on against Burnley (who he was great against last season with our shit defence) and Fulham. I hope/pray that he has turned a corner but games against this level of opposition will not give us the answer.
You’re speaking as if we would’ve won more games if Rodri wasn’t playing. We won 50% of our games because the whole team has been out of form and not fit. And even then, all things considered Rodri has been one of the most consistent performer in our team. People just see him not being able to chase the much faster Kane and just conclude that he’s shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.