#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as most people on here know exactly what I mean I won’t bother explaining any further.
I can’t be arsed explaining the entire midfields roles Just because you can’t see the issue
If you don’t think Rodri is a problem that’s fine.
So the argument is that we NEED a guy next to him, at least that's what you believe Pep thinks right?

Last season there were plenty of games, including games that we won playing great attacking football, where he was played on his own behind Silva and De Bruyne.

As a matter of fact, the majority of games where he played in a double pivot were the games without Silva.

It's only at the end of last season once Silva's presence had diminished, and now that he's gone, that we have committed full time to the two DMs strategy. We know how good he was for us, and quite frankly I'd argue that there are extremely few players in world football that could ever play the role Silva did for us as effectively as he did. We've got players with smart movement in attacking areas (Sterling), with great technique (Foden, Bernardo), with intelligent passing games (Gundogan). But nobody who can do it all like he did.

Is it not at all possible, that actually Rodri doesn't NEED a DM partner, but in fact City need two DMs as there's nobody that can currently satisfyingly occupy the Silva role higher up?

kdb next to him with either bernardo or Foden in front of those two?
Kdb is world class in most respects, not yet world class in terms of forming a solid midfield base to give Bernardo & Foden enough attacking freedom. Kdb is one of my favourite players, but he is here, there and everywhere on the pitch, maybe trying too hard to be David Silva as well as himself. He charges into tackles which when they come off can be game changing to our benefit but when they fail there are huge gaps left in midfield, as an example. it might sound like a critic
Seeing as most people on here know exactly what I mean I won’t bother explaining any further.
I can’t be arsed explaining the entire midfields roles Just because you can’t see the issue
If you don’t think Rodri is a problem that’s fine.
I believe most people have their own opinion of what his role should be, many differing opinions. Most people on here don't know what you believe his role is, you won't tell them, as expected you are not prepared to reveal what you think, lest "most people" may not agree. Like many critics, not too arsed to state an opinion as being a fact but too arsed to support your criticism with some insight in to why you formed that opinion.

I don’t think he’s a bad player, he is just not suitable to our team/style whatsoever. But this is another assessment on our crap recruitment again because they should of spotted this prior to signing. That’s why they get paid so much.
The same "crap" recruitment team that failed to spot that Torres' could score a goal or that Dias could play centre back, useless players like Fernandinho, Sterling, DeBruyne, Sane, Jesus, Ederson, Laporte etc. money wasted, every one a failure, in fact failures since 2012. How did we ever manage to win any trophy, it is a mystery, at least to you.

Kdb is world class in most respects, not yet world class in terms of forming a solid midfield base to give Bernardo & Foden enough attacking freedom. Kdb is one of my favourite players, but he is here, there and everywhere on the pitch, maybe trying too hard to be David Silva as well as himself. He charges into tackles which when they come off can be game changing to our benefit but when they fail there are huge gaps left in midfield, as an example. it might sound like a critic

I believe most people have their own opinion of what his role should be, many differing opinions. Most people on here don't know what you believe his role is, you won't tell them, as expected you are not prepared to reveal what you think, lest "most people" may not agree. Like many critics, not too arsed to state an opinion as being a fact but too arsed to support your criticism with some insight in to why you formed that opinion.
I believe his role is Or should be to shield the defence, link up the play and move the ball quickly.
I believe we were after a prime busquets type player but he is not anywhere near that level
I think he is bypassed too easy leaving our defence exposed (hence the double pivot) I don’t think he senses the danger and I don’t think he does anything quickly.
Much like gundogan

Strange the manager does not think rodri is a problem, but what would he know compared to your managerial experience :-)
Just because peps a fantastic manager means he doesn’t get things wrong????
our loss to Lyon in champions league was a massive success then?

Just because peps a fantastic manager means he doesn’t get things wrong????
our loss to Lyon in champions league was a massive success then?
I think that everyone knows that the loss to Lyon was a mistake, and one of Pep's own making, but that doesn't make him wrong on this player. In my view, Rodri is exceptional.

I believe his role is Or should be to shield the defence, link up the play and move the ball quickly.
I believe we were after a prime busquets type player but he is not anywhere near that level
I think he is bypassed too easy leaving our defence exposed (hence the double pivot) I don’t think he senses the danger and I don’t think he does anything quickly.
Much like gundogan
I think you think too much.

people on here are so fickle, go back 10 pages and everyone was gushing about rodri,(go and have a look) this week we draw away to united and put on a poor performance and rodri is suddenly crap not just rodri but most players , people slag rawk and redcafe off,but our fans on this forum are fucking embarrassing, look at the pep thread, wankers on here calling him a coward, a fucking coward for drawing a game again united at old trafford, blow hot or cold depending on a result, this place is full of so called city fans who quite honestly wouldnt know colin bell from alex williams, i used to read bluemoon all the knowledge insight and opinions, now its like reading a 12 year olds twitter page, we have become what we hated most on this forum, we have turned into rags, we dont hope anymore we expect and if we dont get what we want we throw our toys out of our prams, how very fucking sad.
and you know the sad thing, bluemoon doesn't represent one city fan i speak to in real life, blue moon is now quantity over quality, the place is riddled with wums

thats my take on things as it stands on bluemoon, full of wums,needy fuckers and people who generally haven't got a fucking clue what its like to support a football team, and if you don't like my opinion i really don't give a fuck

people on here are so fickle, go back 10 pages and everyone was gushing about rodri,(go and have a look) this week we draw away to united and put on a poor performance and rodri is suddenly crap not just rodri but most players , people slag rawk and redcafe off,but our fans on this forum are fucking embarrassing, look at the pep thread, wankers on here calling him a coward, a fucking coward for drawing a game again united at old trafford, blow hot or cold depending on a result, this place is full of so called city fans who quite honestly wouldnt know colin bell from alex williams, i used to read bluemoon all the knowledge insight and opinions, now its like reading a 12 year olds twitter page, we have become what we hated most on this forum, we have turned into rags, we dont hope anymore we expect and if we dont get what we want we throw our toys out of our prams, how very fucking sad.
and you know the sad thing, bluemoon doesn't represent one city fan i speak to in real life, blue moon is now quantity over quality, the place is riddled with wums

thats my take on things as it stands on bluemoon, full of wums,needy fuckers and people who generally haven't got a fucking clue what its like to support a football team, and if you don't like my opinion i really don't give a fuck
Needed saying, good post

Thank God it's not only me. It cannot be a real fan who calls Pep a coward: this is a man who has delivered the best football this club has ever seen and who has smashed all-time records, doing it for our club. I said it a couple of posts ago - we are supporters and the clue is in the word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.