#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Fernandes the guy with 35 goals and assists in his last whatever game was shite cos rodri and dinho done a job on him. I don’t get what people think rodri is meant to do. He’s there to break up play and pass the ball and keep possession which he does.

He is not the main concern at present. His role in midfield is specific and he does a decent job. Currently he is not good enough but everything in-front of him is broken. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the attack is fixed. He looks no different to a Fernando or a Garcia on current form. Slow, caught in possession and no pace to recover. The forward passes I can overlook as he is getting no movement from the front 3.

Last edited:
He is not the main concern at present. His role in midfield is specific and he does a decent job. Currently he is not good enough but everything in-front of him is broken. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the attack is fixed. He looks no different to a Fernando or a Garcia on current form. Slow, caught in possession and no pace to recover the forward passes I can overlook as he is getting no movement from the front 3.
Jorginho , de jong etc would all be the same in this team and we were balls deep for them 2 before Rodri, people make out dinho never got caught in possession , or lost the ball . Nostalgia is a hell of a drug cos dinho was good in his prime but he wasn’t the superman Bluemoon make him out to be

Last edited:
Jorginho , de jong etc would all be the same in this team and we were balls deep for them 2 before Rodri, people make out dinho never got caught in possession , or lost the ball . Nostalgia is a hell of a drug cos he’s dinho was good in his prime but he wasn’t the superman Bluemoon make him out to be
That’s true on Fern. I can appreciate the job he does and he is another reason why we are defensively strong. He does have limitations which have been highlighted. Imo the 2 wingers and missing a playmaker is the root cause. Dave made them all look good. One step at a time and until we buy a new playmaker we will continue to be weak in attack. FFS, Sterling, Bernie have all looked poor since silva left.

Are they crap players ?

The playmaker not the dm is the quarter back of this team. We have no conductor and that is on the club for failing to replace Dave.

That’s true on Fern. I can appreciate the job he does and he is another reason why we are defensively strong. He does have limitations which have been highlighted. Imo the 2 wingers and missing a playmaker is the root cause. Dave made them all look good. One step at a time and until we buy a new playmaker we will continue to be weak in attack. FFS, Sterling, Bernie have all looked poor since silva left.

Are they crap players ?

The playmaker not the dm is the quarter back of this team. We have no conductor and that is on the club for failing to replace Dave.

exaclty we need another creator , we all thought we had ready made Dave replacements in Phil and Bernie but Phil isn’t ready to play week in week out and retain the ball constantly and Bernie has dropped off a cliff.

Last edited:
We have been so used to playing with silva controlling the tempo and picking out the runners. Going forward we look lost. We have very good players but the supply line is not there anymore. I have a feeling the club did not replace silva as they were expecting messi to sign and take up the baton. We look like a team waiting for him to arrive.

Either play him as the sole defensive midfielder or bin him
If he needs a double pivot to protect him then he is the wrong man for the role
We are playing one less creative player to get him in the team
And it’s not like accommodating him seems to have any positive effect anyway

Do people not remember that in our two title winning seasons we almost always played a double pivot in possession. This just came from the left back tucking in rather than a conventional midfielder.

That doesn't mean Fernandinho was shit and couldn't do the job on his own, it's just a fact that 1 player cannot cover a 30 yard area in the middle of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.