#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Rodri will get it in the neck , we do not need two defensive midfielders against cannon fodder and Rodri was head and shoulders the most negative player on the pitch , at least Gundogan drove forward and tried to create , Rodri contributed nothing positive in that game and his shooting is a f*cking disgrace for a £60m midfield player.

It’s the number of touches he takes to move the ball plus how long it takes. It’s a half a second here, one second there but it’s cumulatively so pedestrian.

He’s not the isolated reason why our attack is so anaemic but he doesn’t help. We have to try Gundogan or Fernandinho as the 6, especially in games like WBA, and stick Debruyne deeper so we can get him on the ball. He created 2 chances in the last 5 minutes playing deeper because his crossing is so good.

But really, for £60m+ this guy brings no tempo to our play and as the fulcrum to our team he really should.

We had 26 shots that ended with 1 goal and I'm reading Rodri has ruined our team. Can physically feel my braincells dying when I read this thread
Most of the game is played in his area of the pitch and he doesn’t do anything dangerous with it unless he’s firing a shot 16ft over or wide.

What were these chances the front 3 failed to finish tonight? They didn’t have any chances because we played 90% of our game between the back 4 with 10 men infront of them at a slow pedestrian pace. Rodri is by far and away the biggest reason why we do this.
So it's Rodri fault now that the likes of Sterling are stood 4ft away passing him the ball and then don't move outside of that.

And we did have chances, Sterling header, Gundogan header, Aguero put through on the right, outside of that yeah fuck all. Once again, is Rodri in the team to do that or is that a job for Foden, KDB, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and do on?

As I said, a defensive midfielder being blamed for a 1-1 against West Brom. A lot bigger issues in this team than Rodri.

Said he was utter shite from the word go and got fucking derided on here.

I genuinely cannot fathom how so many people can have so little understanding of the game or reading of a player's "fit" with a team.

He is beyond wank. He was in his first game and he still is now, more than a year on.

Not only is he wank, he fucks up the whole system.

Fucking ludicrous signing.
Are you seriously saying that everyone who disagrees with you on Rodri, including Pep, has "so little understanding of the game" compared to you?

Only on bluemoon could the defensive midfielder get the most stick when the attack (or lack thereof) cost us the game
He’s only getting the most stick because people are sticking up for another shite performance.

Nobody seems to be sticking up for the others, who are full backs and centre halves, who are all being called shite n’all.

We had 26 shots that ended with 1 goal and I'm reading Rodri has ruined our team. Can physically feel my braincells dying when I read this thread

26 shots is not 26 good chances. 2/26 were him trying to find someone in the family stand.

We’d create more good chances if his first thought when receiving the ball was not “Where’s Rueben?”

Said he was utter shite from the word go and got fucking derided on here.

I genuinely cannot fathom how so many people can have so little understanding of the game or reading of a player's "fit" with a team.

He is beyond wank. He was in his first game and he still is now, more than a year on.

Not only is he wank, he fucks up the whole system.

Fucking ludicrous signing.
Because everyone is obsessed with stats rather than what they can see with their own eyes. Rodri has 99% pass completion so must be good. Never mind that 95% of those passes are square or that it took him 3 hours to make a fucking pass by which time the opposition were set.

I keep seeing stuff on here about his passing between the lines stats, what a load of shite. The only stats I am interested in is that since he came to the club and replaced the guy who was arguably the best in the world in that position, we have gone fucking dump and add to that slow and fucking boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.