#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discovered the sterling chance was after Gundogans that’s why I missed it, I was watching on a stream that was a minute or two behind and I had already seen it was fulltime so closed the stream early. Fair do’s with that one but that’s still only two chances both in injury time that’s just nowhere near enough.

You’ve mentioned a lot of instances in games that wasn’t tonight’s in situations that I wasn’t commenting on. I’m in full agreement with you that we need to be more clinical infront of goal but tonight that wasn’t the big issue, the lack of chances we created was. We’ve never been especially clinical under Pep, even when we were breaking goal scoring records we wasn’t high up on the clinical rankings, we compensated by creating an abundance of chances and that is the thing that has changed. We create far far less chances because we move the ball too slowly and we pass sideways along the back line safely too much, Rodri is the biggest culprit.

You might not want to compare Fernandinho to Rodri but he is being tasked with playing in the same position, in largely the same style and asked to do the same things, you can’t not compare them
It's not enough your right but how many chances do we need? And good ones at that. Every other fucker that plays us gets a nice 1 chance = 1 goal ratio going.

KDB delivered two world class chances, if that's Kane or any of the fucking dippers forwards it's two goals.

We aren't clinical enough so that is on Pep to resolve. Go and buy a striker who will get 30+, get wingers who don't need 100 chances a game for a tap in. He hasn't addressed it at all.

He's in the same area of the pitch but he's being asked to do a completely different job in my opinion. Of course this is an argument in its own right, Pep clearly believes he can win without someone like Fernandinho, much how Chelsea relied on Kante and havent won oult since he got dropped or perhaps Arsenal still trying to replace Vieira.

The links to Zakaria are perhaps a nod to Pep thinking we are going to have to go back to the old methods. Fernandinho doesn't have the legs.

Its likely Fernandinho now starts against Southampton imo, can't blame Pep for thinking we would beat West Brom even with Rodri in the team!

I'll post it in here because Rodri seems to be the player drawing the most ire, but people need to stop thinking our problems are related to which individuals are in the team or not.

We had fixtures EXACTLY like this in 17/18. The only difference is that we got late winners, which quite frankly we very easily could have got tonight had it been for slightly less shit finishing.

And those games included a fit and firing Aguero, a younger Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Sané on the left and Sterling on the right.

West Brom parked the bus tonight, and unfortunately there's never been any team in history that has been consistently able to blow the doors off of sides like that. Maybe occasionally, but never consistently.

Our primary issues at the moment are related to our tactical decision to press less (which I've gone into detail about several times elsewhere so I won't bother here) and general sloppiness in our play, which actually is likely caused by the same thing.

I'll post it in here because Rodri seems to be the player drawing the most ire, but people need to stop thinking our problems are related to which individuals are in the team or not.

We had fixtures EXACTLY like this in 17/18. The only difference is that we got late winners, which quite frankly we very easily could have got tonight had it been for slightly less shit finishing.

And those games included a fit and firing Aguero, a younger Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Sané on the left and Sterling on the right.

West Brom parked the bus tonight, and unfortunately there's never been any team in history that has been consistently able to blow the doors off of sides like that. Maybe occasionally, but never consistently.

Our primary issues at the moment are related to our tactical decision to press less (which I've gone into detail about several times elsewhere so I won't bother here) and general sloppiness in our play, which actually is likely caused by the same thing.

So you wouldn't agree that replacing individuals of the character and ability of Kompany, Delph, Fernandinho, Silva, Sane and Aguero with the likes of Rodri, Ake, Mahrez, Cancelo and Jesus hasn't been the root of our decline? We've bought rubbish and are paying the price.

The difference between a 1-1 and a 2-1 with a late winner is the character and quality of those on the pitch trying to achieve it. Sure, we came close tonight but we didn't win it and over the course of a season those are the fine lines between winning something and not.

So you wouldn't agree that replacing individuals of the character and ability of Kompany, Delph, Fernandinho, Silva, Sane and Aguero with the likes of Rodri, Ake, Mahrez, Cancelo and Jesus hasn't been the root of our decline? We've bought rubbish and are paying the price.

The difference between a 1-1 and a 2-1 with a late winner is the character and quality of those on the pitch trying to achieve it. Sure, we came close tonight but we didn't win it and over the course of a season those are the fine lines between winning something and not.
No, I wouldn't agree. Under Mancini and Pellegrini with many of those same players we use to lose games like this.

Most of the first group of players were signings similar to the second group in terms of their prior standing.

What we’ve not done is bought the calibre of player the first group became, we’ve tried to repeat the first trick again... but thus far without the same return.

Fuck Rodri treacle toes Trotter off in January sales. And use Fernandinho in big games. Gundogan as a DM for lesser games. And we also have a certain player by the name of John Stones who would do better as a DM than Rodri right now. Rodders is not suited to this league and has been a poor signing. Cut our losses and get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.