#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri wins possession and he keeps possession. For a lot of sides this is enough, for ours it is not. We have 70% possession every game and the opposition aim to have 11 men behind the ball every time they lose the ball. It is imperative that the CDM in our side is able to get us moving and get us moving quickly. He can’t do it. Walking off with great pass completion stats isn’t enough.
He does do that but a lot more. The time to discuss it is probably not straight after a game we should have won.

genuinely don’t recall a sterling header, the Aguero one wasn’t a great chance the only real good chance was the Gundogan header and he didn’t do much wrong there’s it was just a good save that’s the only standout chance we created all game against the worst defence in the league at home and he wasn’t playing in an advanced position.

You’re correct Rodri isn’t in the team to create a goal scoring chance, nobody is really saying that, but he is in the side to be a provider to the players that are in the side to create and he’s utterly woeful at it. We can’t really expect kdb,Foden etc to create something when they either have to come back practically in line with the defence to pick up the ball because players behind them can’t find them further up the pitch or they have to wait so long to get the ball in a position to create a chance that there’s now 10 men defending infront of them and 2 maybe 3 targets if they’re lucky.

That's where this side is struggling badly and that’s what rodri is supposed to be doing.

As somebody who clearly doesn’t see Rodri as a problem what do you attribute the creative problem to? Why have we gone from the greatest creative, attacking side the league has ever seen 2 years ago to a side that can’t create a decent chance until injury time against the worst defence in the league?

From that side we’ve lost silva who everyone claimed was on a fast downward spiral and Sane who was barely getting a look in at our peak, the only other significant difference is Rodri plays in place of Fernandinho...
Don't recall the Sterling header? Fucking hell mate, clearer than the Gundogan one.

I can expect Foden, KDB, Sterling or someone to create a fucking chance when they are stood outside the box or on the wing. What's their excuse then? It's Rodris fault because he's back on the halfway line?
Its Rodris fault when Mahrez has the ball on the byline and runs it off the pitch? Maybe he should have passed it quicker.

How about Sterling missing that one on one against West Ham a while back, maybe Rodri slowed him down with his telepathic powers.

Rodri is being blamed because once again the players in front of him couldn't finish their dinners or even chop the veg up to start it. Just makes no sense to me.

The issue isn't even creating chances, the issue is we can't finish. We are creating less chances than normal but that doesn't excuse the woeful finishing. Your right, we shouldn't have been struggling against a championship team at home but it happens, KDB still then delivered two perfect chances and...we missed.

Sterling is all over the place, Mahrez turns it on when he fancies, Torres is new, Agueros knee is fucked, Jesus is all over the pitch doing anything other than being in the box and that's just for starters.

Fernandinho is not some demi god that causes our players to finish chances.
Fernandinho was world class, I get it. I don't sit here and compare Rodri to Fernandinho. They are different people and players.

Theres not a single player in world football that plays like Fernandinho in my opinion so the sooner people move on and accept that the better.

Because everyone is obsessed with stats rather than what they can see with their own eyes. Rodri has 99% pass completion so must be good. Never mind that 95% of those passes are square or that it took him 3 hours to make a fucking pass by which time the opposition were set.

I keep seeing stuff on here about his passing between the lines stats, what a load of shite. The only stats I am interested in is that since he came to the club and replaced the guy who was arguably the best in the world in that position, we have gone fucking dump and add to that slow and fucking boring to watch.

I take your points mate but the reality is that even before he'd played enough games to amass any significant statistics it was painfully obvious to the naked eye he was completely out of his depth and a very poor fit for our team.

For me, he's literally Mangala levels of bizarre as a signing.

I recall one poor shot. If that makes a poor performance, for you, good on ya.
It’s his speed of thought and then pass. Look how many touches he has. It’s only half a second here or one there. But cumulatively he’s a big hindrance on the team in games like this.

He’s in the team because he’s good in the air. As a 6, to move the ball and give tempo to our play as the fulcrum of the side, he’s worse than Gundogan and Fernandinho. We paid £60m+ for the privilege too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.