#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clumsy last night,that daft yellow he took could easily have led to a second,which would have seen us in the shite.

Saying that,he still made some valuable interceptions and provided the occasional decent pass.

I’m sorry but he was absolutely dreadful last night. About a yard behind tackling his man every time I’m actually struggling to remember a tackle. He might as well not have been there

Got all the tools to be perfect in that role. Shedloads of pace is not a neccessity as has been proved by Messrs Busquets, Pirlo and Guardiola. But he still plays like he's surprised that the opposition are pressing him. As if he rocked up to a casual kick-about on a Sunday and can't work out why everyone else is taking it so seriously.
You're talking of players who smashed it in La Liga and Serie A. Pace is everything in this league and Rodri is bereft of pace and dynamism. He'd be a great player in Spanish and Italian league though where he'd be allowed to casually saunter about the pitch.

Thought he would be getting tons of credit for his brilliant Fernandinho impression last night, hacking down that Newcastle player who was breaking through and taking the yellow for it.

The build up to our first goal showed what the team lacks with him playing. Cancelo played the ball to Rodri around the edge of the box and then made a great run just begging to be slipped in with a relatively easy ball, sterling also made a great run further out for an even easier less precise through ball, what did Rodri do? He played the ball backwards/sideways to the fullback without even considering the forward options before doing his trademark getting in the way trick.

The ball then comes back across and this time cancelo is in almost the same position Rodri was a few seconds ago, he has one pass on which is much harder to play yet he plays it and we score. Fernandinho plays that pass, gundogan plays that pass and our right back plays that pass but our anchor who most of our game goes through doesn't play that pass.

Rodri is a fantastic player. He’s tall, strong and athletic. And very good on the ball. He wins possession more than any other player in our team. His problem is he takes 3 touches instead of 2 which has a massive impact on our teams speed of attack. That’s why I fear he’ll never be ideally suited to our side under pep. Bad scouting in my view. Still, he’s no fernando

Rodri is a fantastic player. He’s tall, strong and athletic. And very good on the ball. He wins possession more than any other player in our team. His problem is he takes 3 touches instead of 2 which has a massive impact on our teams speed of attack. That’s why I fear he’ll never be ideally suited to our side under pep. Bad scouting in my view. Still, he’s no fernando
The 'Octopus'?

1609143992707.png

The criticism seems overblown. As it stands, we have the best defence in the premier league behind the resurgence of John Stones, the inclusion of Dias, Kyle Walkers continued improvement. We can’t ignore the positive impact Rodri has. He seems to be getting better and I’m sure we wouldn‘t be as solid as we are without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.