#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far better than this showing today.He hasn't been a complete disaster as he's mad a couple of excellent interventions but overall.....not good.

Improved plenty in the second half,so credit where due.

However,i am reluctantly beginning to think he isn't the answer to our 1st choice DM position.

Played the holding role alone, Gundogan more advanced, and voila...

Goals, movement and should have had a clean sheet.

I think today was the perfect example of why he divides opinion so much. 1st half he was as bad as anything I’ve seen at CDM for us for a number of years. 2nd half he was largely excellent.

Utterly woeful first half. Back to his 6/10 best second half. Made some good tackles and interceptions second half but still isn't doing the things many on here are pointing out every week, its just becoming less of a hindrance when we've got stones cancelo and zinchenko all taking up the slack in terms of forward passing into our forwards by just cutting the middle man out more often.

Was actually really unlucky with his chance, it was a good connection and direction just a very good save, should be much more of an aerial threat for us given how good he is defensively in that aspect but generally seems to be in over the bar defensive mode even when attacking.

Utterly woeful first half. Back to his 6/10 best second half. Made some good tackles and interceptions second half but still isn't doing the things many on here are pointing out every week, its just becoming less of a hindrance when we've got stones cancelo and zinchenko all taking up the slack in terms of forward passing into our forwards by just cutting the middle man out more often.

Was actually really unlucky with his chance, it was a good connection and direction just a very good save, should be much more of an aerial threat for us given how good he is defensively in that aspect but generally seems to be in over the bar defensive mode even when attacking.
Why do you think Pep picks him for nearly every game. He probably does exactly what Pep asks of him he is a top player in my eye

He got better after a woeful start. But there was lots of room for improvement today and going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.