#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a fan but he didn’t play too badly tonight. However, he just doesn’t stamp his authority on the midfield like Fernandinho has done over the years. Definitely hasn’t got that mean streak in him than you need for a top class CDM.

I think I’ve been a bit hash on Rodri, I think I was too used to ferna’s cavalier style. Rodri’s passing is excellent and that’s what we need when we’re dominant. Defensively he’s a bit unlucky because he makes tackles but very few win the second ball. Got to remember he’s only 24 and still learning the role. Ferna was much older when he signed for city.

I think I’ve been a bit hash on Rodri, I think I was too used to ferna’s cavalier style. Rodri’s passing is excellent and that’s what we need when we’re dominant. Defensively he’s a bit unlucky because he makes tackles but very few win the second ball. Got to remember he’s only 24 and still learning the role. Ferna was much older when he signed for city.
I don’t think Fernandinho had ever played in defensive mid when he signed for us. Had solely been an attacking mid from junior football to Shakhtar. Was even in the CL team of the season as a #10 the year before we signed him.

Rodri wasn’t bad tonight but there were two passes late in the game (one that he gave straight to them which lead to an attack and one where we needed to keep the ball at the death and he just aimlessly leathered it back to their ’keeper to give them one more go) that summed him up.

I don’t think Fernandinho had ever played in defensive mid when he signed for us. Had solely been an attacking mid from junior football to Shakhtar. Was even in the CL team of the season as a #10 the year before we signed him.

Rodri wasn’t bad tonight but there were two passes late in the game (one that he gave straight to them which lead to an attack and one where we needed to keep the ball at the death and he just aimlessly leathered it back to their ’keeper to give them one more go) that summed him up.
Yeah that's the problem, did the same against rags, needs to stop hitting blind passes. Otherwise, he's actually pretty solid.

Couldn't watch 2nd half, but was good in the 1st half, using his body well to shield the ball and finding his pass.

I think he is a weak link tbh. Slows the tempo down and offers very little offensively. He’s an average player, tidy at best. CM, CF and LB remain the key positions where we need to upgrade. Last year Pep refused to play Dinho CM I think it says something that he’s using him there again this year in big games. Dinho still provides an air of command and a threat that Rodri just doesn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.