#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His passing is poor, nowhere near progressive enough

Everyone knows how slow he is

he doesn’t read danger at all

the amount of times people can collect the ball in midfield turn and start counter attacks

teams just wait for us to push up then flood into the space around him that he can’t cover.

such a shocking buy and we don’t seem to have a viable option to drop him

Starting to think we may need to play kdb in that holding role like Belgium used to

Although he is slow it’s also about his positional sense, Gaz Baz didn’t have pace but he was able to get around the pitch, make tackles and break up play and rarely anyone got past him

I honestly cannot fathom how some blues actually rate him. I gave him the benefit of doubt to adjust etc but that time has well gone.

He offers nothing, he does not provide the defensive cover we need, and if we compare him to Fernan (which we should because this is who he was brought in to replace) he doesnt come anywhere close.

Lack of pace, see that plodding attempt to try and catch kane yesterday, it was comical and embarrassing

He looks at best, 10 yards of the pace of any attacking threat

Last edited:
Yeah it was. Kane isnt fast but rodri was embarrassing
It isn't just his pace it is his overall game. I started watching him yesterday to see what he was doing and offering and it was shocking.

The guy is a limp squid....looks good when others cover for him and dig him out

Another position that needs addressing on the list

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday. But he's just not at the level. His lack of pace is criminal and he's too aggressive in his press. He pushes up too high and leaves space in behind.

He's been here long enough now and he hasn't got to grips with the system. He's fine against cloggers, but in a high paced technical game he's not at the level. He might be better with a partner in a pivot, but is he worth changing the system for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.