#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he'll be better in a team that doesn't play such a high line and he has other defensive midfielders around him.

We needed another Fernandinho instead we got a player out-run by Harry Kane.

He is a defensive midfielder, I repeat a DEFENSIVE midfielder.

If he puts someone through 1v1 5 times a season that is a complete bonus it is not even slightly part of what should be expected of someone in that position.

For context, Fernandinho averaged 2/3 assists in the league a season in the best attacking team in premier League history.

It is so annoying seeing people slag players for something they are not at all responsible for.

More on topic I think he needs to learn to play the ball on the ground more often, those lofted passes are too slow when a pinged ground pass would work.
He’s not particularly great at the defensive bit but that’s another matter.

We have 60%+ of the ball on a very regular basis. Given he is part of our spine he has to help create and establish our attacks. He should bring tempo to our play but he doesn’t. He has to be able to do something effective with the ball but he can’t. It’s not a matter of getting assists it’s about moving the ball quickly to our more creative players, but he can’t and doesn’t. And as you say, his floaty passes are an example. He moves the ball so slowly that we can’t create enough 1v1s to open teams up.

If we had our time again I can’t believe for one minute we’d sign him. He’s not the right fit at all.

He is a defensive midfielder, I repeat a DEFENSIVE midfielder.

If he puts someone through 1v1 5 times a season that is a complete bonus it is not even slightly part of what should be expected of someone in that position.

For context, Fernandinho averaged 2/3 assists in the league a season in the best attacking team in premier League history.

It is so annoying seeing people slag players for something they are not at all responsible for.

More on topic I think he needs to learn to play the ball on the ground more often, those lofted passes are too slow when a pinged ground pass would work.
Sorry but he can’t tackle and has zero aggression.

The sight of him “sprinting” but losing ground to Harry fucking Kane who was even running with the ball and then realize he can’t make it and give up was pitiful.

i think he’s a good player but his lack of any pace whatsoever is just too much of an obstacle.

Probably a good footballer in a style that suits him. Unfortunately he simply isn’t up to the task in this side, doesn’t offer anything going forward or more importantly defensively. Slow, laboured, can’t really tackle doesn’t work even commit fouls which was Fernandinhos ‘go to’ if he wasn’t playing well which he really was and continues to be the master at.
Unless he finds some pace and tactical nouse from somewhere im afraid his days must surely be numbered. Woeful signing I’m afraid, £60m even with the sheikhs money I’d be sobbing myself to sleep.

I actually thought he was one of our better players today tbh. He’s not Fernandinho, but that’s for Pep to deal with and adapt to.

Maybe he'll be better in a team that doesn't play such a high line and he has other defensive midfielders around him.

We needed another Fernandinho instead we got a player out-run by Harry Kane.
Doesn't matter. He was the best City player on the field today. And by a significant margin. His shortcoming. His speed, doesn't change all the wonderful things he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.