16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop Kev and we get the best out of Rodri and Bernie,which also leads to more cohesion and control.
I agree but Pep won't do that. He's almost too loyal to his players at times. i.e: shoehorning Raz into the CL final.

(I know this sounds very harsh considering Kev's recent impacts on games)

I agree but Pep won't do that. He's almost too loyal to his players at times. i.e: shoehorning Raz into the CL final.

It is , kev does magic despite how he is playing , nearly scored yesterday when we needed it , he does it all the time which is why he is left on

Like Fernandinho in the home game, they targeted him when he was on the ball by pressing with 4 players. Literally sprinting at hin from all angles. And then they tried to starve him of the ball when he didn't have it.

Anybody in the world would struggle with that.
An observation overlooked by many.

Its a difficult conundrum because the moments of inspiration/genius he is capable of separate him from the rest,and he can change a game in an instant....however,im not convinced those occasional and lessening moments are worth more than 90 mins of improved control,cohesion and fluidity when others are picked ahead of him.

This'll sound weird but Rodri does a lot of what David Silva did. He makes himself a consistent outlet even in the most cramped of areas, which gives us so many triangle plays and allows us to maintain tempo and control even in difficult times. Just from deeper.
Good point. He really is operating in an almost hybrid role. Its also noticeable how high up the pitch he presses. We force quite a few turn over in dangerous areas because of him.

Need get him signed up, can’t believe we’ve had him almost 3 years. He seems settled and grounded but Torres, Sane etc always makes me think they’ll want to go back to the big clubs in their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.