16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, all players affect each other. But I see very little Bernado would have done, that Gundogan wasn't doing. Sure! Making Bernado less effective by sticking him at striker sucked. But both Gundogan and Kevin played extremely well in midfield. Rodri simply didn't.

He made mistakes, that had nothing to do with who was around him. Our loss was a function of poor chance creation and abysmal defending in moments.

There was a point at the beginning of the 2nd half when we had 90% possession. They couldn't breathe. But we created little out of it.

And they scored easily on their few opportunities. I struggle to see how Bernado would have changed anything by replacing Gundo or Kev in midfield.

It was simply a wierd game. Like we have every year. We lost to Norwich or some shit team like that last year. This things happen.

I know you know in a Rodri happy clapper. I think he is unbelievably special. I just don't think he played well.
A lot to agree with there. I think having 70% to 90% possession suggesrs we played better than Spurs and Loris & the posts and crossbar weighed heavily on our failure to score more. As you say a weird game.

A big game needed from him today. He was some way short of his usual standard last weekend. As was the case with most of the team. He's a vital cog in our team, sitting in front of the back four. And he's been outstanding this season.

I know it'll likely get buried, but I thought barring that one moment of insanity he was our best player that second half.
He was largely excellent and in the running for our MOTM but moments of madness like that can cost titles. It was braindead and he and we were very lucky to get away with it. It looked a pen to me in real-time, I was amazed it wasn’t given on the field. How VAR then failed to give it is beyond me.

He was largely excellent and in the running for our MOTM but moments of madness like that can cost titles. It’s was braindead and he and we were very lucky to get away with it. It looked a pen to me in real-time, I was amazed it wasn’t given on the field. How VAR then failed to give it is beyond me.
Because it was an offside decision just before that. So handball was irrelevant. But the person who register the game kept replying the handball incident.

Because it was an offside decision just before that. So handball was irrelevant. But the person who register the game kept replying the handball incident.
So the original through-ball that led to the save by Eddie was offside, because as you say they never replayed that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.