16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself agreeing with your assessments 9 times out of ten, ninjamonkey, but I disagree with you here. I thought he played well. Certainly in the second half. Though when things get a little shaky, I do tend to get the feeling that he loses his nerve a bit which isn't what you want from anyone, let alone your DCM.
I don't think he played any better than the rest, who with very few exceptions were all poor too. He was fine last 20 minutes as we finally got a grip on the game and Everton were too tired to offer anything meaningful in attack but first half he was sloppy which you simply cannot be in his position and that wasn't down to tactics.

There were gaping holes in the centre of the park for Everton to run into for fun first half, whilst I do think the major reason for that was no Bernardo in there, I don't expect Rodri or whoever our holding mid is to completely vanish too just because Bernardo isn't alongside them, he has to have some presence even if peps set us up all wrong.

I can't say our holding midfielder played well when you see all the instances a depleted Everton attack sitting 4th bottom strolled through midfield and at our back 4. It's by no means all his fault, the formation was always leaving that area of the pitch vulnerable even if he had the game of his life but he isn't blameless, you can't go wandering into an advanced midfield role on the half press or being dragged out wide constantly when you're all we've got in the centre.

He hasn't been playing great but that's only in relation to his standards.He has been uncharacteristically clumsy and sloppy,but having little help in terms of the way we currently set up is predominantly reason for that.

last 2 games he reminded me of the rodri before the cl final when pep dropped him. him and gündo just dont work next to each other but we know that. fantastic season nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.