16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the handball shout, was poor again. Now is not the time to lose form. Without Bernardo in there with him it's almost as if he knows he can't do things on his own but has to attempt them anyway and so not only are we exposed in the middle without Bernardo but Rodri has a shit game too and we're wide open.

Ignoring the handball shout, was poor again. Now is not the time to lose form. Without Bernardo in there with him it's almost as if he knows he can't do things on his own but has to attempt them anyway and so not only are we exposed in the middle without Bernardo but Rodri has a shit game too and we're wide open.
I find myself agreeing with your assessments 9 times out of ten, ninjamonkey, but I disagree with you here. I thought he played well. Certainly in the second half. Though when things get a little shaky, I do tend to get the feeling that he loses his nerve a bit which isn't what you want from anyone, let alone your DCM.

That's a wrong take on the game. Rodri was better than against Spurs and will improve further over the next weeks. Unlike last season, Rodri, Cancelo, Gundogan, Dias and Bernardo will finish the season in top form.

Not sure what Pep was thinking with the initial line up, we had Gundogan pushing into their box and KDB going wherever he wanted leaving a 30 yard area for Rodri to cover alone.

When I saw the initial line up I thought Stones would become a third centre half and Cancelo would play in midfield like he was at the start of the season but both fullbacks were very orthodox.

Thankfully he moved things around just before half time and sorted the issue. Hopefully after the last two games where he has tried this he goes back to the normal set up.

He’s brilliant at what he does but thrives to another level when he has legs next to him - hence him not looking as good without Bernardo next to him.

Absolutely no reason for the change in Bernardo to false 9 either, both Bernie and Rodri were bang in form and playing teams off the park and have been split up. Odd decision making

He’s brilliant at what he does but thrives to another level when he has legs next to him - hence him not looking as good without Bernardo next to him.

Absolutely no reason for the change in Bernardo to false 9 either, both Bernie and Rodri were bang in form and playing teams off the park and have been split up. Odd decision making
It’s all an attempt to get the best from Kev again but currently it’s to the detriment of the overall team performances. Rodri,Gundo and Bernie were working very well together. False 9 should be where Kev is at the moment in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.