16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of sloppy moments that could have cost us and likely will on another day that need to be cut out and a few too many shit passes but literally the entire team were guilty of that. Rodri largely did his job tonight and was one of our better performers.

He has his deficiencies, I've pointed them out more than most during his time here but they certainly wasn't a factor in us failing to win tonight. find it weird some are saying he had a poor game, didn't see it. Wasn't the issue today.

Been good this season. Some matches more than others.

Last night wasn't his best, but he wasn't the reason we didn't win.

I think he and we are suffering from a lack of competition in this position. I love Fernandinho but at his age he's not really competing to be the main man, he's not going to be playing more than the odd match here and there.

So Rodri's both overworked and perhaps a little complacent. He'd do better if he had someone to share the load a bit, and if he was fighting for his place in the starting line-up, like nearly everyone else in the squad.

Hot & cold.

some very sloppy passes for a few weeks now & looks to be slowing down

I don’t think he is underperforming, he is the same player he has always been. One of the few defensive midfielders in the world who need other midfielders to cover the ground for them.
You are absolutely correct there. He did not suddenly gain pace and mobility. HIs positioning has improved but we play more compact, controlling style which suits Rodri as he is not exposed that way.

Def feel like we need another competitive option in his position next season, shouldn't just keep Ferna out of sentimentality we need an option for when Rodri's form drops.

Rodri has been great this season, but worryingly his form of late is not good. It was similar last season, coming into the business end of the season he suffered a downturn in form, let's hope things change after the international break.

Rodri has been great this season, but worryingly his form of late is not good. It was similar last season, coming into the business end of the season he suffered a downturn in form, let's hope things change after the international break.

There's reason he is been dropped at the end of last season, his form right now is remind me a lot of Rodri last season drop off. If he still playing like this even with his prefered mates of Gundogan and Bernardo partnership in midfield, i can see him dropped in important match.

Last edited:
His form has dropped off a cliff the last few games and one of the mian reasons for some patchy results , would be tempted to start Dinho against Burnley , Rodri looks very laboured and isnt getting his tackles and blocks in.
The holding midfield spot in our team is vital , it holds us together as the Champs league final proved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.