16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he did well defensively. But his passing was dreadful - spell in the first half when he misplaced about half a dozen in a row.

Bit worrying that it's happening again at this stage of the season. On form he's one of my favourites, but he went off the boil last season and is trending that way again.

Yep yep, I saw it right..

Looked very fresh and strong and confident and concentrated again..

Best player on the pitch today in overall..

Whilst the rest of us were watching on BT Sport, you were watching on ITV Digital.

1) Rodri controlled their counter-attacks well

2) Didn't make serious mistakes while controlling the ball or passing, I remember Cancelo had too many errors for one game and KDB lost the ball 1 or 2 times, but I don't remember Rodri having such issues today

3) Tempo was great, long balls, small passes, it was Pep's issue that he chose to play with Bernardo as False9 and then as a LW, which made our attack weaker and easier to defend against..

What Rodri could have done better ? He did great..

1) Rodri controlled their counter-attacks well

2) Didn't make serious mistakes while controlling the ball or passing, I remember Cancelo had too many errors for one game and KDB lost the ball 1 or 2 times, but I don't remember Rodri having such issues today

3) Tempo was great, long balls, small passes, it was Pep's issue that he chose to play with Bernardo as False9 and then as a LW, which made our attack weaker and easier to defend against..

What Rodri could have done better ? He did great..
His passing was dreadful for a 15 minute spell in the first half

He was doggo tonight and he'll know it when he puts his head on the pillow.
I counted early in the game that he made 9 forward passes and 1 came off.
Need an Arsenal away performance from him on sunday, top off and everything giving it the dippers as we win the game

Some good bits of crucial defensive play, that side of his game was fine but far too many bits of shite in his game on the ball tonight. His passing was woeful. Guy needs to get a grip before Sunday.

Thought he did well defensively. But his passing was dreadful - spell in the first half when he misplaced about half a dozen in a row.

Bit worrying that it's happening again at this stage of the season. On form he's one of my favourites, but he went off the boil last season and is trending that way again.

His passing was dreadful for a 15 minute spell in the first half

I find it really bizarre that people can't work out that it's really hard to make incisive passes when the opposition has 10 men packed incredibly narrowly just in front of you.

If Rodri wanted to keep the ball and look pretty he could have made 150 successful passes today, but it wouldn't have helped the team, and as long as we're in shape losing the ball trying to make a pass that opens up the defence is not a problem.

Everyone had a lot of unsuccessful passes, but we only needed 1 good one to get through and Foden was in on the turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.