16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a football match to count an individual player's errors seems to be a terrible waste of our short lives, unless it's a well paid profession. With over 70% possession every player has more likelihood of making errors as well as doing good things, hardly shocking.

1) Rodri controlled their counter-attacks well

2) Didn't make serious mistakes while controlling the ball or passing, I remember Cancelo had too many errors for one game and KDB lost the ball 1 or 2 times, but I don't remember Rodri having such issues today

3) Tempo was great, long balls, small passes, it was Pep's issue that he chose to play with Bernardo as False9 and then as a LW, which made our attack weaker and easier to defend against..

What Rodri could have done better ? He did great..
He lost it 2ics in the same sequence at one point. I think they'd where most of the complaints are from. He was decent 2nd half.

I wanted him to be a little more dynamic though. But he did his job well overall.

I find it really bizarre that people can't work out that it's really hard to make incisive passes when the opposition has 10 men packed incredibly narrowly just in front of you.

If Rodri wanted to keep the ball and look pretty he could have made 150 successful passes today, but it wouldn't have helped the team, and as long as we're in shape losing the ball trying to make a pass that opens up the defence is not a problem.

Everyone had a lot of unsuccessful passes, but we only needed 1 good one to get through and Foden was in on the turn.
I think every poster on the forum recognises the difficulties in making incisive passes against that kind of defence. But several of those misplaced passes in the first half were fairly straightforward ones, often sideways or out to the wings, that he got wrong.
No shame in it, it happens. But nowt wrong in pointing it out either.

He controlled the midfield very well, stopping a number of attacks and cutting out the aerial ball constantly. Bar a few misplaced passes, I thought he had a great game.

He controlled the midfield very well, stopping a number of attacks and cutting out the aerial ball constantly. Bar a few misplaced passes, I thought he had a great game.
He had a good game but on the ball he needs to focus more and be more aware of potential risks.

I find it really bizarre that people can't work out that it's really hard to make incisive passes when the opposition has 10 men packed incredibly narrowly just in front of you.

If Rodri wanted to keep the ball and look pretty he could have made 150 successful passes today, but it wouldn't have helped the team, and as long as we're in shape losing the ball trying to make a pass that opens up the defence is not a problem.

Everyone had a lot of unsuccessful passes, but we only needed 1 good one to get through and Foden was in on the turn.
Rodri wasnt making incisive defence splitting passes in the period i mentioned, they were either backwards or sidewards passes

Rodri wasnt making incisive defence splitting passes in the period i mentioned, they were either backwards or sidewards passes
Backwards or sideways are all part of the job of moving our opponents around to patiently wait for a higher percentage opportunity, not for fans who demand instant high risk play but a legitimate tactic.

Thought he was our worst player.. didn't offer much protection and his passing was lazy and often put us in unneccessary danger. Lucky he had Bernie buzzing around him to mask a lot of his faults

Thought he was our worst player.. didn't offer much protection and his passing was lazy and often put us in unneccessary danger. Lucky he had Bernie buzzing around him to mask a lot of his faults
I thought he had a good game, he has had better games against the dippers, but I don't think he was bad today. It was more like a 7/10 performance from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.