16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve got to be shitting me,he was superb tonight

Unless you think that conveniently allowing Madrid players to be in the box, and not trying to move his ass back to the box when he fails to track them, are not his duties, then he did a fine job.

Wouldn't say he was poor by any stretch he had a good game overall but he was at times one of the weaker links in a very strong team. They did get through his area too easily a few too many times.

I'd sum it up with good but needs to be better in Madrid.

Decent game,nothing more nothing less.I cant help think he should be showing more from a leadership perspective though,he is another who tends to blend in to the background when a game needs grabbing by the throat and inspiration is required.
We have to find him a partner or an alternative,preferably one that comes wearing and having earnt an armband.

His partnership with Bernardo is truly excellent as they complement each other so well. Bernardo won 5 tackles (Rodri 3), Rodri won 5 aerial duels, and both completed 91%+ of their passes against a very experienced and technically proficient Real Madrid midfield

That gives us such a strong platform to work from, and allows De Bruyne to do what he does best

His partnership with Bernardo is truly excellent as they complement each other so well. Bernardo won 5 tackles (Rodri 3), Rodri won 5 aerial duels, and both completed 91%+ of their passes against a very experienced and technically proficient Real Madrid midfield

That gives us such a strong platform to work from, and allows De Bruyne to do what he does best
I'm not as big of a fan of this partnership. I think when they play together they both are a bit too neutral in possession. I like when Bernado plays ahead of him next to Kevin more. He is more offensive then even though he shows up for the ball around Rodri.

When they are both in that 2 deep role. Bernado becomes u we conservative. Which grates on me.

I'm not as big of a fan of this partnership. I think when they play together they both are a bit too neutral in possession. I like when Bernado plays ahead of him next to Kevin more. He is more offensive then even though he shows up for the ball around Rodri.

When they are both in that 2 deep role. Bernado becomes u we conservative. Which grates on me.

That's fair. It would be too conservative in a lot of games but in the bigger matches I enjoy the extra solidity

Unless you think that conveniently allowing Madrid players to be in the box, and not trying to move his ass back to the box when he fails to track them, are not his duties, then he did a fine job.
Yes its his job to mark everyone at the same time and cover all of the pitch at the same time too. You talk some shit

Just a glorified Javi Garcia. Time and time again against Watford, he left our defence completely exposed, Tottenham players absolutely bullied him, was one of the culprits at Lyon away, completely inept in stopping counter attacks if Bernardo or Gundogan doesn't cover for him or they dare to move further up the the pitch.

Stones's form suffered when he was playing alongside Otamendi, and our whole defence fails to maintain its shape when he is in front of them, lost count on how many times Ederson refused to pass him and chose the difficult option. Someone has to step in, lest Guardiola ends up buying another clone of him.
Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.