16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I’m making is the term ‘World Class’ gets spoken a lot these days and the poster I was replying to referred Rodri as WC, so I threw in those 3 greats as a pointer to DMs that were WC and imo Rodri isn’t there yet, but he will be in the future I’m sure of that.
The term 'World Class' means different things to different people and will always cause arguments. For me, the measure is whether or not you are one of the best players in your position, at that particular moment in time. Measuring against those that have gone before is impossible and there is no guarantee that those from the past would be WC in the current era.

Is Salah WC because he is one of the current best wide forwards in the World, or is he not WC because he isn't as good in that position as prime Messi? I think he is WC and by the same token so is Rodri, because I don't believe there are many (if any) in world football that are currently better in his position.

Given we control possession more than any team in the country, the fact that he wins possession more than any other player in the country is simply ridiculous. He is an absolutely key component in our machine.

For me player of the year, he was consistently brilliant all season the same can't be said about any other player, and that's without even mentioning the several crucial goals he scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.