16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me player of the year, he was consistently brilliant all season the same can't be said about any other player, and that's without even mentioning the several crucial goals he scored.
Spot on, it’s all about opinions but I agree 100%.

The game has moved on from all three (who were brilliant in their day) and Phillips would out play each, much less Rodri.
Am I reading this correctly, you rate Kalvin Phillips above Rodders? You post some good stuff on here but I can’t agree with that.

That tackle at Anfield, the goal at the Emirates, the goal on Sunday, etc, etc.

He's been a gargantuan presence in our team in the same way Dias was last season.

So, so important.

Am I reading this correctly, you rate Kalvin Phillips above Rodders? You post some good stuff on here but I can’t agree with that.
Yep, see it now, not sure his Phillips argument stands up.
Phillips would outperform all of them.

Rodri would make them look like lower table fodder.

The level of physicality, athleticism, and tactical conditioning has progressed well beyond their era.

As I said in my original post, they were all brilliant in their time — and rightly considered legends of the game — but they would struggle to play today. Just as Pele would struggle to score against even the worst PL defences now.

And if you put prime Rodri in a Time Machine, and sent him 20 years in to the future, he would likely struggle to play against a decent team, as well.

Did anyone pop up in more big moments than Rodri?

Unbelievable season from him maybe the most consistent individual season since Yaya 13-14. No bad games, absolute talisman at 25.
Let’s get a list going.

Off the top of my head:

Arsenal winner
Liverpool block
Aston Villa second (as important as Dzeko’s forgotten goal against QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.