16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you can highlight numbers that could be entirely made up and not cite your source.

Legitimate stats are worthless without the eye test. They'd have you believing Fred was a better passer of the ball than De Bruyne because his average percentage complete was higher. Patently nonsense.
If you think I made those stats up then it's on you. Do your own research if you want to discredit what I provided. It's out there, go find it rather than be lazy lol. I'm not going to do extra work for someone who's opinion mind is already made up and who's opinion won't change.

I'll take my eye test backed by evidence over your eye test backed by nothing when it comes to evaluating players.

Sure, you need to actually watch the games as well as look at the stats. But when people (not talking about you in particular here) are making claims based on what they think they remember that are categorically untrue ("Rodri only passes backwards" is a good example), it's useful to get some objective data points in the mix

Of course, but you need to cite your source.

And Rodri is a largely conservative passer of the ball, "only passes backwards" is obviously nonsense, but a trend towards more conservative passing is why he'll have a higher percentage complete than De Bruyne for example - who's always looking for a killer ball.

If you think I made those stats up then it's on you. Do your own research if you want to discredit what I provided. It's out there, go find it rather than be lazy lol. I'm not going to do extra work for someone who's opinion mind is already made up and who's opinion won't change.

I'll take my eye test backed by evidence over your eye test backed by nothing when it comes to evaluating players.

I don't think you made them up, you could've but I give you more credit than that. I just think you should city your source when using stats. Otherwise they're just numbers on a screen.

And I did look, hence why I asked. I shouldn't have to though, it's good faith to include a source when you use it in an argument.

"Eye test backed by nothing" though? Clearly haven't read a word I've written then my Yank friend, maybe gave you too much credit. It's alright though you won't be as aware of the things I notice at the ground every week as you are with your fixed view of the TV.

I don't think you made them up, you could've but I give you more credit than that. I just think you should city your source when using stats. Otherwise they're just numbers on a screen.

And I did look, hence why I asked. I shouldn't have to though, it's good faith to include a source when you use it in an argument.

"Eye test backed by nothing" though? Clearly haven't read a word I've written then my Yank friend, maybe gave you too much credit. It's alright though you won't be as aware of the things I notice at the ground every week as you are with your fixed view of the TV.
Here's a snippet of some statistical comparison between Rodri and 3 "world class" DMs.

https://fbref.com/tiny/85k4z

Scroll down to defensive actions and then you can click to get per90 stats too.

Not a born Yank, moved here. Analysis shows that you miss more in person than you on TV or while rewatching games. I haven't read through this entire thread only the last few pages and you haven't provided any evidence. If you did previously then I apologize.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Use the stats in the link above or some of the other ones I mentioned earlier if you would like to learn or back up your claims (either here or anywhere else). Obviously, not just limited to City players. It's a good fantasy tool too to make some money.

I still claim Rodri has no significant weakness and the side is better with him in it compared to most others in his position.

Rodri Statistics | Premier League

Last season, Rodri made 285 recoveries of possession in addition to the stats I provided earlier. In the whole season, he made 2 errors that lead to a goal.

Using last season:

Rodri played 34 games last season, Rice 32.

Despite this Rice made 59 interceptions, Rodri 36.

Rice lost 105 duels, Rodri lost 135.

There are some areas Rodri was better though, like recoveries and clearances.

I don't mean to write Rodri off entirely by the way, so I understand the defences of him. I just worry he's a weakness in the side.

Rice made 0 errors leading to goals last season by the way, and they seem to be quite generous with how the define that also.

Rodri actually looks better when you go to games because you can really appreciate his positioning. Always available for the ball and always in a good position to support initial pressing.

In possession.

Out of possession though his positioning is a very poor.

He often gets caught high up the pitch, looks unsure of when to sit and when to press. Will press when he should sit and vice versa. Rarely, if ever, tracks a run. It's very common to see him come out and press in the wrong instance, or get too tight high up the pitch, and get spun and leave the opposition running at the exposed back four. Happened about 3 times versus Arsenal and they only had 19% possession.

Here's a snippet of some statistical comparison between Rodri and 3 "world class" DMs.

https://fbref.com/tiny/85k4z

Scroll down to defensive actions and then you can click to get per90 stats too.

Not a born Yank, moved here. Analysis shows that you miss more in person than you on TV or while rewatching games. I haven't read through this entire thread only the last few pages and you haven't provided any evidence. If you did previously then I apologize.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Use the stats in the link above or some of the other ones I mentioned earlier if you would like to learn or back up your claims (either here or anywhere else). Obviously, not just limited to City players. It's a good fantasy tool too to make some money.

I still claim Rodri has no significant weakness and the side is better with him in it compared to most others in his position.

Thanks, I appreciate the link.

What analysis shows that you miss more at games than you do on TV. According to whom? Goes against all conventional wisdom.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Rodri if you think he has no significant weaknesses to his game. I don't need to relearn Rodri looking at some stats, I watch him every week, I know what I see.

He's a solid enough player and better than a lot in his position, but he does have flaws to his game.

Thanks, I appreciate the link.

What analysis shows that you miss more at games than you do on TV. According to whom? Goes against all conventional wisdom.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Rodri if you think he has no significant weaknesses to his game. I don't need to relearn Rodri looking at some stats, I watch him every week, I know what I see.

He's a solid enough player and better than a lot in his position, but he does have flaws to his game.
When you watch a game on TV or on DVR, you can pause, play, go back, highlight specific things to evaluate. All that you can't do that in real time or at the field. While there in person it's impossible to keep an eye out on everyone and all the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.