16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats, stats, stats. Rodri’s fan club can only defend him on stats

Stats are nice, they paint a picture but not THEE picture.

How do we know that Rodri’s 0.4 more key passes per game are not all towards the end of the game in comfortable wins that have no effect on the game or how do we not he hasn’t stat padded by making 6 key passes against Norwich when we have 82% of possession?

What about in the games that key moments actually matter? When it is tight affair and that one piece of statistical action is the key outcome to the game? What is a key pass anyway?

It says something about the player when you have to defend him because he’s got a better key pass rate of 0.4.

The way you lot go on about him it really is a surprise that he’s not guaranteed to start for us and cannot get in an average Spanish side. We all must be idiots and not understanding of the genius of Rodrigo.

Next you’ll be telling us about his FIFA rating.
The stats just call out the bullshit. The proof is that he is a key component of a side that won the league, comfortably. Unfortunately, he is the current whipping boy for those that have moved on from Gundo or Mahrez or Sterling or Richard Edghill or Ian Bowyer. I guess the moaning at players fulfills a need in the same way as moaning about the bingo caller fills a need in Doris.

How do we know that Rodri’s 0.4 more key passes per game are not all towards the end of the game in comfortable wins that have no effect on the game or how do we not he hasn’t stat padded by making 6 key passes against Norwich when we have 82% of possession?

What about in the games that key moments actually matter? When it is tight affair and that one piece of statistical action is the key outcome to the game? What is a key pass anyway?

It says something about the player when you have to defend him because he’s got a better key pass rate of 0.4.

The way you lot go on about him it really is a surprise that he’s not guaranteed to start for us and cannot get in an average Spanish side. We all must be idiots and not understanding of the genius of Rodrigo.

He’s the first name on the team sheet for me after Walker and Ederson. Keeps the ball in incredibly tight spots, strong as fuck, great in the air which is important when our forward line aren’t exactly giants. He’s also developing that Fern like ability of those delicious defence splitting passes to a winger. Love watching him play tbh and seems a very grounded guy.

Admittedly, had a bad period towards the end of last season but we had wrapped up the title by that point. Still pisses me of didn’t start against Chelsea, absolute madness.

Football genius

Struggled with the pace of the game at times today. Got better as the game slowed down later on

Big game passed him by once more and outshone by his counterpart Ndidi. Nowhere to be seen so often when he should have been mopping up after one of the defenders had cut out the direct counter. Thank God Maddison was dogshit, if Iheanacho had started in that role we could have been in trouble.

Excellent game and snuffed out many attacks before they began. Caught on the ball a couple of times on the ball but won it and gave it with aplomb.

He made a lot of tackles and recoveries close to the opposition box, and every time he recovered he made the best pass for a quick attack. People around here seem to think being physical and quick is the only way to be a good DM, but they never see the amount of tackles and aerial encounters he wins for us.

Today he was solid, but people here will say the opposition passed us by. Sure, because we had more control against Tottenham with Fernandinho on the pitch. Sure, because Ndidi blocked all our quick transitions.

I see a lot of overrating on some of our players, but for some reason that I don't get Rodri is underrated.

Very tentative with the yellow but I thought he did fine for the most part

He made a lot of tackles and recoveries close to the opposition box, and every time he recovered he made the best pass for a quick attack. People around here seem to think being physical and quick is the only way to be a good DM, but they never see the amount of tackles and aerial encounters he wins for us.

Today he was solid, but people here will say the opposition passed us by. Sure, because we had more control against Tottenham with Fernandinho on the pitch. Sure, because Ndidi blocked all our quick transitions.

I see a lot of overrating on some of our players, but for some reason that I don't get Rodri is underrated.
It has always been the same at the club. There are a small number of vociferous posters who have always called out players and, let's face it, it was Gundo and it has been Mahrez and Raz and Gabby too. Some of his work is a lot less obvious and can be easily missed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.