16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of the trouble was the shape of the team and lack of numbers when Newcastle broke down the flanks bypassing our inverted fullbacks. At times Rodri was having to cope with multiple runners and was a little stranded. Not every team will have the bottle and the skill/speed/physicality to do what the Toons did yesterday but CP will have looked at that with interest. I have little doubt that at this moment lots of people a great deal smarter than us are pouring over the footage so they can present conclusions to Pep.

I think most of the trouble was the shape of the team and lack of numbers when Newcastle broke down the flanks bypassing our inverted fullbacks. At times Rodri was having to cope with multiple runners and was a little stranded. Not every team will have the bottle and the skill/speed/physicality to do what the Toons did yesterday but CP will have looked at that with interest. I have little doubt that at this moment lots of people a great deal smarter than us are pouring over the footage so they can present conclusions to Pep.
Also seemed to me that Guimaraes was asked to almost man mark Rodri which made life very difficult for him

I thought he was shite but some good moments in this. Admittedly doesn’t show the ball being given away etc. but still some important interceptions, progressive passing and all-round good play. And an important assist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.