16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another top performance. The ability to be fit is really underrated in football, but our season would look extremely different if Rodri's fitness was not as superb as it is. He is not the star, but he is the most important player of the team (mainly because any back up is lightyears behind him). We have lost KDB, and we still win. We could lose Haaland, and we have Alvarez or false 9 and would still win, we lost Ake (who has been superb), and we are still winning comfortably, but whenever he is not on the pitch our level drops immensely.

Player of the season for me is not the best player, but the most important, and anyone who doesn't choose Rodri as our most important player this season is just deluding themselves.

Best in the world and a fundamental cog in our team

Brilliant thing is he's only 26 and he loves it here, he's gonna be here for a long time

Paying his release clause, which at the time raised some eyebrows, has been one of the best signings we've ever made
Yeah exactly, I will never be tired to remind everyone how underrated been this transfer when conducted. Many pundits, rival fans thought its expensive, not a profile for a really top team, even among our fan base there were many eyebrows raised as you said.

One more incredible thing with Rodri is hes Spaniard and we do not see any transfer drama, while we have learned already, that Barcelona and its media love every City player, especially when hes Spaniard. It tells me, that he and his entourage must be really unequivocal about his happiness and future with City. Worth of noticing. One more tiny argument, that he surely shall be on his path to receive a statue some day outside Etihad.

He is just so very good at what he does and knits our team together. Still can’t believe I know a blue who does not rate him, he seems to have a blind spot for seeing how important he is for us

Along with most of our midfield today , not at their usual best , thought we gave Fulham too much of the ball ,so disappointing Phillips hasnt worked out , he was bought to take the strain from Rodri and play against the lesser teams , but Pep obviously doesnt like what he sees from Phillips in training , Rodri could play over sixty games this season , because he is irreplaceable at the moment.

Along with most of our midfield today , not at their usual best , thought we gave Fulham too much of the ball ,so disappointing Phillips hasnt worked out , he was bought to take the strain from Rodri and play against the lesser teams , but Pep obviously doesnt like what he sees from Phillips in training , Rodri could play over sixty games this season , because he is irreplaceable at the moment.

Yes when that head collision happened, I thought it was Rodri originally.. and my heart sank.

Glad it was not him, and Akanji was okay too even though it looked really bad at the start.

Rodri looked really gassed today but sort of expected.

I wish we would have kept the ball more as well, but seems Pep wants us to be structurally sound and save energy as we have a lot of games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.