16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri has been City’s best player for two seasons running now.

He won’t win any awards because he isn’t an attacker breaking goalscoring or assist records, he isn’t doing stepovers and dribbling past five men, and he’s not a defender making last ditch tackles… but he’s our best and most important player for me.

Rodri is the heartbeat to the way we play. He is City’s engine. Everything good we do goes through Rodri at some point (or at numerous points) in the passage of play.
He's worked very hard to get where he is now. He made mistakes during his early days but has grown better each year and I think having Fernandinho to work with also improved his game.

He always seem to score the best goals every year when he leathers the ball from 30 yards. I think he's better than Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard ever was.

The best midfielder of his type in world football.

The main reason we have won the league with games to spare and that we have given ourselves a great opportunity of achieving the near impossible treble.

Yet Garth Crooks picks Casemiro,ahead of him,for his team of the season......
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

I am amazed he hasn’t been in the discussion for player of the year awards. He didnt even make the shortlist in the Club’s own award which I find staggering. Obviously Haaland has grabbed all the headlines but for the whole season Rodri has been our most consistent and best player.
Most football fans and pundits only watch highlights of football games. Many will only see goals. You can hear it in the way they talk, you can see it in what they concentrate on and in things like Garth Crooks’ team of the season.

Rodri is not a Match of the Day/Goals on Sunday player. He’s the man who keeps possession, has the most touches and passes, has the most influence on the pace of the game, where the game is being played, key passes to set up attacking situations, being available for a pass, nullifying opposition attacks, reading the game and intercepting possession… he’s also the man with the highest level of performance average over the full season (from memory he’s had two bad games this season, nobody in the league comes anywhere near close to that!).

But - outside his thunderbastards (of which he has a number every season, might I add?!) - very little of what Rodri does is highlights stuff. So he’s not in the general conversation across football like Haaland and de Bruyne are. Even Kyle Walker’s pace (which is phenomenal) gets more recognition than Rodri’s general footballing ability.

Think a huge number of fans who have only watched games on TV miss out on fully appreciating players like Rodri who do the less glamourous work which is often based on positioning and blocking out passing options and holding up attacks as much as it is about winning a crucial tackle. Views are formulated on players by what they are told rather than what they have watched and seen.

I am amazed he hasn’t been in the discussion for player of the year awards. He didnt even make the shortlist in the Club’s own award which I find staggering. Obviously Haaland has grabbed all the headlines but for the whole season Rodri has been our most consistent and best player.
He's the best defensive midfielder in the world and our most important player, because he's the only one where we don't have a natural replacement for. But he's never going to get the main accolades especially now with what Erling is doing.

Keeping him fit, healthy and rested was my main concern coming into this final stretch.
With us winning the league and allowing him, and other key players, to rest, it has worked out perfectly.

Hopefully he and they are chomping at the bit to give it there all in the last two games.

Rodri has been City’s best player for two seasons running now.

He won’t win any awards because he isn’t an attacker breaking goalscoring or assist records, he isn’t doing stepovers and dribbling past five men, and he’s not a defender making last ditch tackles… but he’s our best and most important player for me.

Rodri is the heartbeat to the way we play. He is City’s engine. Everything good we do goes through Rodri at some point (or at numerous points) in the passage of play.
Just to think, he could have passed City by if the Jorginho move had gone through. Ugh.

Just to think, he could have passed City by if the Jorginho move had gone through. Ugh.
Pep is a genius but we’ve certainly had a great amount of luck in our primary targets falling through and the backup option being perfect fits

Ive been harping on about Rodri for over a year now people dont talk about him or rave about him like haaland, that fuzzy haired prick Salah. Harry No trophies etc.etc. he is vital to our whole set up. He is carbon copy of sergio busquets who was key to that spanish trio midfield winning every trophy possible.. I love him. Probably my favourite player

Ive been harping on about Rodri for over a year now people dont talk about him or rave about him like haaland, that fuzzy haired prick Salah. Harry No trophies etc.etc. he is vital to our whole set up. He is carbon copy of sergio busquets who was key to that spanish trio midfield winning every trophy possible.. I love him. Probably my favourite player
Rodri is stronger, has more forward drive and scores more goals and better goals than Busquets.

Busquets has only ever scored 20 goals in his 17 season career; Rodri already has 23 goals and he’s 8 years younger than Busquets.

Rodri probably scores the best goals out of everyone in our team.

I think he’s my favourite player n’all (Rodri and Stones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.