16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know how to describe him, but he’s just stays in the centre area, shields the ball away from a player pressing him and lays it off to a player in space. The amount of times he does that is staggering. Normally you get Bernardo running circles around him, it’s great to watch. Them two have so much chemistry in the middle of the park.
I do! World Class.

Rodri really was such a great purchase. And stating this not because how good he s become, that tells you more about coaching, but that City knew how good he may become. My personal feeling back then was nobody at the other top clubs pursuited him really or incredibly rated him.

Funny thing is both viewpoints are correct.

He was abysmal enough that he lost his place in the CL final.. (I think what actually sealed his spot being lost was that he gave the ball away at Brighton.. looked at the sky and didn't even backtrack.. and Brighton scored 3 in a row)

But for all the hate he got, he's definitely turned it around and deserves every bit of praise he gets now and then some!

It's a bit like Laporte.. Son is his kryptonite but other than that he's pretty much superman for a left sided centerback and he at the tail end of last season carried us across the line along with Rodri.

Come on, he was never anywhere near abysmal, not even at his worst points. Our fans were just baffled that we hadn't replaced Fernandinho with a like for like clone (half the complaints in his first season were 'he's too slow'). Losing his place in the CL final was a symptom of Pep's impulsive need to surprise opposition managers in CL knockout games, not because Rodri deserved it.

Come on, he was never anywhere near abysmal, not even at his worst points. Our fans were just baffled that we hadn't replaced Fernandinho with a like for like clone (half the complaints in his first season were 'he's too slow'). Losing his place in the CL final was a symptom of Pep's impulsive need to surprise opposition managers in CL knockout games, not because Rodri deserved it.

Rodri is bad towards final and he deserved lose his spot on Final.

If he play as starter and lose badly he will get criticism. Many on here will also pushing the club to sell him.

Rodri is pure class. And he's much better at breaking up play than when he originally joined our side. Rodri can run the game at mid and often does.

He was alright for the most part imo. Energy levels seem to dropped off towards the tail end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.