16 | Rodri - 2023/24

So; this bet that Rodri is supposed to have with the rest of the squad. I see posts on twitter, sorry, 'x' saying that it's fake. Anyone know for sure? He's on 8 goals now, I think.

Quite simply, he's the best player on the planet, regardless of position. He's easily one of the best players I've ever seen.

He is finally adding (important) goals to his game.

I sometimes watch him and just think he makes it look so easy - pick up a pass, control it and move it on. It's not hard, but he makes it look that simple you can't understand why no one else can do it.

It says it all that when he plays, we don't lose.

Best in the world for me.

Clearly the best in his position, but I dont think there's anybody better in their respective position than Rodri is in his.

Obviously he'll never get that tag because it's always the attacking stars that do, but pound for pound I don't rate anyone higher.

He was vulnerable as a solo holding player, which made the initial transition from Fernandinho an awkward one, but he’s a great box to box midfielder - probably the best in the world at the minute - when he’s got legs alongside/behind him and can impact the game further forward.

Plenty hate the terminology but Rodri is now playing like an "8". I genuinely think we could now be looking and thinking who can we get to play defensive mid rather than who can we get to back him up in that spot.

His ability on the ball is getting better and better and there is no reason he can't be getting over 10+ goals a season and delivering the numbers like what Gundogan and De Bruyne have in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.