16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an off day yesterday but still the best player in the world. We still never look like losing with him out on the pitch.

In terms of consistency, he has probably been the best in the world over the period from the start of last season. Kev though did give us a reminder yesterday that he is still in that conversation.

I genuinely start to wonder where this guy ranks in the top 10 city players of all time.

We'll never know. Considering we've only seen a small percentage of those in contention. Probably best to go with our Premier League all time of which he undoubtedly makes. Dare I say Gaz Baz on roads ?
Would've loved to have seen him and Yaya line up together.

This is a fantastic article, Highly, highly recommended if you have the patience for a very long but data driven piece.
He is morphing into a combi number 6 and number 8 with devastating impact. Some of his numbers are insane.
Simply, he is a fucking freak and, as far as I'm concerned, easily the best midfielder (and probably player) in world football.

He was the player of the year on here last season. That is, player of the year for a treble winning team and one of the best 3 all-time teams or so in world football. And then there is this season and he is got better still including his number 1 spot in the opta global ranking and the 65 game unbeaten run. Think he might just make it into our all-time PL 11 :)

Last edited:
Think he’s still around 10 games behind the record (Sol Campbell). I’m sure a recent commentary mentioned he was 12 off Campbell, and I’m just guessing that another 2 games have passed since then, but I don’t actually know.

Think Campbell's record is 58 league games. That is, Rodri shouldn't lose a league game before October or mid September to break the record.

The unbeaten record in all compets is more impressive as it includes CL and FA Cup semis and finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.