16 | Rodri - 2023/24

sorry if already posted, but taken from the latest edition of The Knowledge;

"...record for the longest unbeaten run – newbie or not – for a player at a club in Europe’s big five leagues. It turns out it could be a record for any league, not just a biggie, and Rodri broke it when Manchester City beat West Ham on Sunday";

74 Rodri (Manchester City, 2023-24)
73 Demetrio Albertini (Milan, 1989-93), Paolo Maldini (Milan, 1991-93)
66 Charlie Shaw (Celtic, 1915-17), Joseph Dodds (Celtic, 1917-19)
64 Alec McNair (Celtic, 1916-18)
63 John Browning (Celtic, 1921-23)

Might as well be Celtic

I think our track record with Atletico Madrid signings are quite good. Kun, Demichelis, Rodri the three I recall. could we look at their squad maybe again?

The best example of Pep / Txiki knowing the talent / potential of players.

Not one City fan thought Rodri would be the best midfielder in the world when he first joined. The talent could be seen.... but not the levels he's gone too.

A truly world class player and midfield giant.

I feel like during his first season plenty were saying we should have signed Partey instead of Rodri and got the wrong Atletico man.

Last time I checked his post-game interview, where he rattled the entire Tarquin fan base by stating they lacked an elite mentality, has had over 10 million views.

Meanwhile he's sitting at home totally oblivious to the psychological carnage he has caused to the poor Tarquins.

He doesn't even use social media lol.

Damn I love this guy. He really knows how to put the knife in and twist it!

Last time I checked his post-game interview, where he rattled the entire Tarquin fan base by stating they lacked an elite mentality, has had over 10 million views.

Meanwhile he's sitting at home totally oblivious to the psychological carnage he has caused to the poor Tarquins.

He doesn't even use social media lol.

Damn I love this guy. He really knows how to put the knife in and twist it!

Been fucking hilarious to read the fallout from that comment. Not seen a single reply with an ounce of introspection that maybe he is right either. Someone should remind them what we did to the rags at their stadium when we were going for our first Premier League title.

sorry if already posted, but taken from the latest edition of The Knowledge;

"...record for the longest unbeaten run – newbie or not – for a player at a club in Europe’s big five leagues. It turns out it could be a record for any league, not just a biggie, and Rodri broke it when Manchester City beat West Ham on Sunday";

74 Rodri (Manchester City, 2023-24)
73 Demetrio Albertini (Milan, 1989-93), Paolo Maldini (Milan, 1991-93)
66 Charlie Shaw (Celtic, 1915-17), Joseph Dodds (Celtic, 1917-19)
64 Alec McNair (Celtic, 1916-18)
63 John Browning (Celtic, 1921-23)

This is absolutely incredible.

Compare also City 23-24 and the great Milan side - City with much more wins in the 73 games in which Rodri and Maldini went unbeaten.

Rodri broke Maldini's record vs W Ham.

Best player in the world.

His comments about arsenal echoed what I said about them both before West ham and after, he put it much more eloquently than I could though and completely rattled an entire fanbase in the process without even trying and by simply telling the truth. What a man.

He's going to get a shit load of abuse from the tarquins after shaming them like that and I cannot wait until he bags yet another key goal against them and sets them off on an adebayor level meltdown.

Imagine thinking Declan Rice was even on thr same planet as Rodri.

The best example of Pep / Txiki knowing the talent / potential of players.

Not one City fan thought Rodri would be the best midfielder in the world when he first joined. The talent could be seen.... but not the levels he's gone too.

A truly world class player and midfield giant.
Fans are not the best measure of anything.

Rodri was incredibly highly rated before we bought him, the £60m was a steal and people (like Sid Lowe) said so at the time. He was annointed Busquets successor by the time he was 18.

"Everyone pretty much already knew that Rodri was going to leave Atletico Madrid, who had set a €70 million buyout clause that was more invitation than deterrent" "Weaknesses? None"

The only reason we got him for so cheap was because he agreed his Atletico deal 6 months before he joined them, and it was when he'd only just come through at Villarreal. By the time the season had ended and he actually moved to Atleti, he'd hit the big time, everyone knew he was great and they wanted to triple that release clause, but Rodri said no.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.