16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Txiki's fault that Pep plays Rodri to the dying embers of every game and dead rubbers each season.

Txikis fault that Pep refuses to trust any youth players or someone in the slightly different position to try and give Rodri a break.

There is no one on the market that Txiki could buy that would make Pep happy it seems. It would have to be a 20yr old Busquets to maybe get the carabao cup games.
Phillips, the guy who can't even start with West Ham has been the only sub for Rodri. Kovacic is not a DM. I am sure if we had a Jorginho or Xhaka or Guimaraes or Chalanoglou or Barella or Kimich...Rodri would not olay every damn minute.

When he doesn't play we tend to lose a lot!! Yes, this is all on Txiki.

Phillips, the guy who can't even start with West Ham has been the only sub for Rodri. Kovacic is not a DM. I am sure if we had a Jorginho or Xhaka or Guimaraes or Chalanoglou or Barella or Kimich...Rodri would not olay every damn minute.

When he doesn't play we tend to lose a lot!! Yes, this is all on Txiki.
Txiki and Pep decide together. You are deluded if you think otherwise.

Some posters are in for a rude awakening if we do sign Bruno and he just plays alongside Rodri for 50+ games next year.

There is no substitute for Rodri. End of.
Busquets and Lahm regularly put in monstrous shifts for Pep in that position. It comes with the territory.

Txiki and Pep decide together. You are deluded if you think otherwise.

Some posters are in for a rude awakening if we do sign Bruno and he just plays alongside Rodri for 50+ games next year.

There is no substitute for Rodri. End of.
Busquets and Lahm regularly put in monstrous shifts for Pep in that position. It comes with the territory.
Rodri is far above anyone else. But that doesn't mean we cannot find someone better than Kalvin Phillips, and i just mentioned several achievable players (I am not saying Rice or Camavinga or Tchoaumeni) who would be really useful olaying alongside Rodri or giving him some rest.

Rodri is far above anyone else. But that doesn't mean we cannot find someone better than Kalvin Phillips, and i just mentioned several achievable players (I am not saying Rice or Camavinga or Tchoaumeni) who would be really useful olaying alongside Rodri or giving him some rest.
Well all of those players you mentioned have been on the market at some point and other than Jorginho play week every week so not sure how you expect to tempt them with carabao cup games. Hardly a great sales pitch from City and 99.9% why we haven't ever signed them.

Phillips was a fuck up, yeah we all know and everyone's moving on. It could have just as easily been completely fine as a signing and he earnt Peps trust to play for a few games but it didn't happen. That's football. We should thank Txiki and Pep we normally get it right, most clubs don't.

The season just caught up with him today. He’s been overplayed sadly but we had no choice

Well all of those players you mentioned have been on the market at some point and other than Jorginho play week every week so not sure how you expect to tempt them with carabao cup games. Hardly a great sales pitch from City and 99.9% why we haven't ever signed them.

Phillips was a fuck up, yeah we all know and everyone's moving on. It could have just as easily been completely fine as a signing and he earnt Peps trust to play for a few games but it didn't happen. That's football. We should thank Txiki and Pep we normally get it right, most clubs don't.
Get what you mean but we really do need a cover for Rodri. The PL isn't the same as the BuLi or La liga, they can afford to play a DM all season there, that's not happening here. Either find a replacement or just completely turn Kova into a DM and end his hopes of ever being a "box to box" player here

Rodri looked absolutely fucked today.
We should get a bid in for the Fulham lad, Paulinho

A game too far for Rodders he looked knackered , tbf we did see this coming and signed Phillips but he turned out to be a lemon , Kovacic does an Ok job in there with Rodri but it means we lose a wide player as proved today when Doku came on and changed the complexion of the game it does harm our creativity we just need to find another Rodders :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.