16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Just read an article on the web in which it stated that Rodri stopped the game to calm the Spanish players after they conceded that own goal. If there is any sanity among our players, he must be the captain

Incredibly blessed to have two genius DMs come one after the other
Its just a coincidence that our coach played that position.
Not taking anything away from either but it does help when the best coach in the world understands that role inside out.

Its just a coincidence that our coach played that position.
Not taking anything away from either but it does help when the best coach in the world understands that role inside out.
Agreed, but one of the most important aspects of that dynamic is not just coaching them in your image, but understanding what kind of player can do it when you’ve only seen them play outside your system for another team.

Seeing a player’s future under your tutelage before they get it is one of the things that helps makes a good player a great player and proves just how great a great coach is.

I’m not sure any City fans had Fernandinho or Rodri anywhere close to the discussion of what we needed, and once we got Ferna we thought he was almost irreplaceable, yet we found an improvement.

Rodri, more than any other player, has been the key to our success as a team in recent years and is showing Spain just what La Liga is missing…for now.

Agreed, but one of the most important aspects of that dynamic is not just coaching them in your image, but understanding what kind of player can do it when you’ve only seen them play outside your system for another team.

Seeing a player’s future under your tutelage before they get it is one of the things that helps makes a good player a great player and proves just how great a great coach is.

I’m not sure any City fans had Fernandinho or Rodri anywhere close to the discussion of what we needed, and once we got Ferna we thought he was almost irreplaceable, yet we found an improvement.

Rodri, more than any other player, has been the key to our success as a team in recent years and is showing Spain just what La Liga is missing…for now.
Let's just hope he agrees a new contract and remains the lynchpin of our team for many years.

There's only one team who can afford him and with his Athletico connections he ain't going there.

There's only one team who can afford him and with his Athletico connections he ain't going there.
The same could have been said about Raul but he did join their fierce rivals after being stupidly released. Hopefully we give him a really good contract and keep Real Madrid at bay.

After the excruciating England game, I messaged in my own WhatsApp Group (of old schoolmates) sit back, relax and enjoy a Rodri masterclass ........ which unfolded in front of us v Georgia.

I'd say he's already reached Busquets levels, and another 5 year contract should see him as City's & the Premier League's greatest ever footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.