16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good interview.

Not sure if any English players would ever come up with something like...

"I try to give movement to the play, a dynamism, a rhythm. To connect to the players in front of you as soon as you can, to help the game mature, to interpret it, take it where you want it to be. That’s what most defines the role of the pivot: when to accelerate, when to brake, when to press higher, when to move deeper. Those thoughts are always going through your mind. When the ball comes to me and we need to apply a pause, I’m not going to accelerate the play."

Not sure if any English players would ever come up with something like...

"I try to give movement to the play, a dynamism, a rhythm. To connect to the players in front of you as soon as you can, to help the game mature, to interpret it, take it where you want it to be. That’s what most defines the role of the pivot: when to accelerate, when to brake, when to press higher, when to move deeper. Those thoughts are always going through your mind. When the ball comes to me and we need to apply a pause, I’m not going to accelerate the play."

Declan Rice:

"I receive the ball, look around for the player in most space so i can't really go wrong and then just kick it to them, which is usually a full back"

I will be so pissed off if we don’t sign somebody good enough to cover for him.

What a player. Bossed the semi v France

I will be so pissed off if we don’t sign somebody good enough to cover for him.

What a player. Bossed the semi v France
It's not about being good enough. Pep simply wants to win every single game and you do that with your best players.

The likes of Kovacic are "good enough" but Pep doesn't want to use them.

Rodri has been the best player in the world since 2 seasons back, so everyone thats jumping on the hype now can do one for underrating him in the past.

Messi's Ballon D'or rightfully belonged to Rodri. Will stand by this for the rest of time.

He looked absolutely dead on his feet at the end. How long will he realistically have off after the weekend considering some of them are reporting back on monday.

Pep and Txiki need to find a solution for him to rest next season.

He looked absolutely dead on his feet at the end. How long will he realistically have off after the weekend considering some of them are reporting back on monday.

Pep and Txiki need to find a solution for him to rest next season.
Of course he's shattered after playing Italy, Croatia, Germany and France in the last two weeks.

Just appreciate the fact that the guy just loves playing and winning, and he'd rather be out there winning a game than lay on a beach.

He'll be fine no matter what happens, just appreciate him whilst he's here, I don't want to watch many City games where he isn't on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.