16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He 100% is the best overall footballer in the world! It's no coincidence that Man City and Spain are currently both the best ball playing sides in their respective realms. Who is the common denominator?

By far my worst mistake when it comes to a City player. I called him Plodri and now it's Godri. I've never been happier to have been proved wrong.
Well his first year was brutal. It took him a while to get caught up to premier speed. He was constantly getting caught plodding on the ball. But something in between year 1 and 2 clicked and he’s been Godri ever since. I tossed off the first year as new player growing pains in a Pep system and he proved Txiki and Pep right. What a signing

He 100% is the best overall footballer in the world! It's no coincidence that Man City and Spain are currently both the best ball playing sides in their respective realms. Who is the common denominator?

I also don’t believe that is a coincidence, even if it’s not the sole reason.

Rodri has ascended to be the world’s best at this point in time (taking over from KDB, imo).

I have to also agree with everyone begging City to get a high quality player in who can both allow Rodri to rest more often and play alongside him too.

Well his first year was brutal. It took him a while to get caught up to premier speed. He was constantly getting caught plodding on the ball. But something in between year 1 and 2 clicked and he’s been Godri ever since. I tossed off the first year as new player growing pains in a Pep system and he proved Txiki and Pep right. What a signing

The secret of course is that he is very bright and so Pep was able to teach him to use speed of thought so that he did not need to be a sprinter.

The secret of course is that he is very bright and so Pep was able to teach him to use speed of thought so that he did not need to be a sprinter.
Yep. If you're having to make recovery sprints in that position you've already been beaten. Very much a "Pep doesn't teach tackling" thing.

Haven’t watched any of the euros but I tuned in for the last 20 mins last night during which time Rodri touched the ball about 300 times with only one pass going slightly astray and that was because the intended recipient didn’t read it quickly enough

To watch him play football is an absolute joy. Every touch of the ball, every pass is just perfect.

Intelligence is one of the most important attributes in a Pep team.When we talk about targets that's something we can't see as fans a players ability to learn and adapt. Something Txiki and Pep got wrong with Phillips, but almost every other time got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.