16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the celebrations in Madrid. All regulation stuff. Bad music, players dancing about. Lots of Viva España.
However Rodri surprisingly suddenly starts shouting Gibraltar is Spanish. Gibraltar is Spanish.
Not very clever.

Watching the celebrations in Madrid. All regulation stuff. Bad music, players dancing about. Lots of Viva España.
However Rodri surprisingly suddenly starts shouting Gibraltar is Spanish. Gibraltar is Spanish.
Not very clever.
Lol well when he comes back he should be greeted with " Ceuta and Melilla are Moroccan" chants.

Not very clever.
Nothing remotely wrong with anything he did. It's clearly a popular Spanish song with a cheeky little dig at the country they've just beaten. Good on him, the man is enjoying his triumph.

Nothing remotely wrong with anything he did. It's clearly a popular Spanish song with a cheeky little dig at the country they've just beaten. Good on him, the man is enjoying his triumph.
Unfortunately nationalism is on the rise everywhere including Spain and this will no doubt be raised in the Spanish parliament. The Gibraltans might want an apology too. So while I agree it was just a bit of high spirits there may be consequences.

Unfortunately nationalism is on the rise everywhere including Spain and this will no doubt be raised in the Spanish parliament. The Gibraltans might want an apology too. So while I agree it was just a bit of high spirits there may be consequences.
So what ? Why should he apologise if that's what he believes ?
I disagree with him but I won't be apologising to any Spanish fucker for that.
Allow him to enjoy his moment ffs.

Well nationalism does not necessarily equal irredentism. And there are so many obvious issues that come to mind before it conceivably even come so far that atleast a conflict over Gibraltar seems pretty much unrealistic.
The UK is a NATO partner of Spain, noone in Nato wants this, noone in Europe wants war, diplomatically Spain would be isolated. And for what gain? Not to speak of the fact that Spain has some regions that could push for independence in such a unstable situation, not to speak that Spain cant even match the navy the UK has.

That there would be populist rhetoric to it, for the purpose of electoral gain ... perhaps, but i think were very far from the Spanish majority subscribing to such a drastic course of action, the whole proposition is ... either overly fancifull or just plain nuts imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.