16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Spain after the loss to Spain I thought that maybe my time to get a City shirt change. So tried to purchase a City with Rodri on the back.
No luck at all, only ones available everywhere I went were City with Haaland on the back.

All shops seemed to have Bellingham on RM shirts and some blank Chelsea and Liverpool ones but Rodri no. Glad to not see a single Man U or Arsenal shirt.

Imagine in their playing days celebrating a title win.
Roy Keane sings Northern Ireland belongs to Ireland
or
John Terry singing Ireland belongs to Britain

You are being hysterical. It was a largely innocent dig, few would care about it. I'd be surprised if there are any "consequences".

If you think Rodri is a right-wing hack or something you don't get Rodri.

I wasn't suggesting that this would lead to armed conflict. That would be ridiculous. However there is a growing population of right wing cranks in Spain. Think Farage on steroids.
Carvajal has openly supported Vox, a party who are homophobic, anti woman's rights and generally make Jacob Rees Mogg seem modern.
Rubbish.Farage's party got double the % of votes Vox got in both countries last elections.Carvajal like everybody else is quite entitled to vote for who he likes.I disagree there is a growing right wing sentiment in Spain the reality is both the extreme right and left lost significant support in the European elections and most Spanish people are fed up with extremists.Most people want an equitable solution on the Gibralter issue where residenrs and neighbours are respected.It would be silly indeed for City fans to be too critical of Rodri.Madrid or those wild nationalists at Barcelona would love to have Spains patriotic son

Rubbish.Farage's party got double the % of votes Vox got in both countries last elections.Carvajal like everybody else is quite entitled to vote for who he likes.I disagree there is a growing right wing sentiment in Spain the reality is both the extreme right and left lost significant support in the European elections and most Spanish people are fed up with extremists.Most people want an equitable solution on the Gibralter issue where residenrs and neighbours are respected.It would be silly indeed for City fans to be too critical of Rodri.Madrid or those wild nationalists at Barcelona would love to have Spains patriotic son
Your last sentence suggests where you're coming from.
I live in Spain and find both Spanish and Catalan nationalism equally stupid.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Imagine in their playing days celebrating a title win.
Roy Keane sings Northern Ireland belongs to Ireland
or
John Terry singing Ireland belongs to Britain

Well all this stuff should be left out of football

I don't give a shit about what people think away from football, who they vote or anything, I'm pro democracy .

However politics, nationalism on a non sporting level etc. Should be left at the door when it comes to sport in my opinion.

Silly from Rodri really, but people get caught in the moment.

Well all this stuff should be left out of football

I don't give a shit about what people think away from football, who they vote or anything, I'm pro democracy .

However politics, nationalism on a non sporting level etc. Should be left at the door when it comes to sport in my opinion.

Silly from Rodri really, but people get caught in the moment.
I agree it was just a bit of fun for him but as soon as he said it I thought it might not be viewed as such by some politicians.

Your last sentence suggests where you're coming from.
I live in Spain and find both Spanish and Catalan nationalism equally stupid.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
100% agreed but sadly there is a lot of it around all over the World

Not arsed what he sings but it seems very un like rodri thing to do.

we don't really know what players think or believe..

Many Argentinans were surprised to find Aguero supported their new president Milei, who many consider to be very right wing. This doesn't bother me, everyone's entitled to vote who they please but many Argentinans were surprised to see he aligned himself that way.

Tevez tells the Argentinians he hates England and refused to really learn English because his uncle died in the Falklands. Yet he never said that openly here.

I'm not saying Rodri is similar, maybe his views don't stretch beyond singing a little song.

My point is we don't really know who most footballers are away from playing and their media duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.