16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant player. Absolutely undroppable...

Guaranteed he will miss either the Derby or Scousers or god forbid BOTH! He's already on 8 yellows. 2 more and a 2 match ban incoming.

I bet the PiGMOL are looking at the fixtures with interest! Fancy him for a couple of very weak yellow cards in the next few games.
Pep needs to quickly work out how Rodri can be rested ?
He should be rested against Brentford as that is a game City should win.
Personally, I'd go with Stones at home, with Kovatic alongside him for away games.
We should have enough as a squad to win all the games until Liverpool away.
Personally, I thought that Gallagher in the 2nd half almost "picked Rodri's pocket" a couple of times yesterday.
Rodri drove the team on, as he always does, but nearly everything goes through Rodri and I feel he needs a rest...

Rodri is more important for us, we’ve shown before we can manage without Kev, can’t say the same about Rodri from what we’ve seen when he’s been out.
I have the highest regard for both players. Both are the world’s best in their positions and both are very important to City. The reason we miss Rodri more is about the mix of ability in the squad and not about who is the better player out of the two.

Kev is the first City player in my 50 plus years of watching City that has ascended to being the world’s best. He is also on a trajectory that may well take him to being the greatest Premier League player ever and City’s greatest ever.

Kev is the best player in the world. Rodri is phenomenal but…
They are equally good IMO, but Rodri never being injured just gives him the upper hand to me. Both of them shine when the team is struggling which is the most you can ask.

Brilliant player. Absolutely undroppable...

Guaranteed he will miss either the Derby or Scousers or god forbid BOTH! He's already on 8 yellows. 2 more and a 2 match ban incoming.

I bet the PiGMOL are looking at the fixtures with interest! Fancy him for a couple of very weak yellow cards in the next few games.

He's on 7 yellows. He's unlikely to miss the derby or Anfield, unless he gets a red card.

He really didn't want to lose that unbeaten record did he.

Seriously though, where would we be without him? I've heard a lot of people say Foden has been our best player this season and while he has undoubtedly gone up a level, I don't think he has been as consistent as Rodri. I think it's possibly a sign that some have started to take his excellence for granted slightly.

Following on from last season, Rodri has been a 9 out of 10 in virtually every game with maybe 1 or 2 halves of football all season where he has dropped below his incredibly high standard probably due to being overplayed. He is the player who takes the game by the scruff of the neck when we are in trouble like Yaya used to and like Kevin does by raising his game and producing big moments. We're very fortunate to have him.
First name on the team sheet imo and a big leader on the pitch. Vitally important he is injury free and suspension free especially in March.

I have the highest regard for both players. Both are the world’s best in their positions and both are very important to City. The reason we miss Rodri more is about the mix of ability in the squad and not about who is the better player out of the two.

Kev is the first City player in my 50 plus years of watching City that has ascended to being the world’s best. He is also on a trajectory that may well take him to being the greatest Premier League player ever and City’s greatest ever.
If I had to build a team and I could only pick either KDB or Rodri I'd probably go with Rodri. He runs the game from DM, controls the tempo, constantly scores BIG goals and is an outstanding defender. We haven't lost a game with him in the team for over 12 months.

Others would pick KDB and I'd have no argument against.

It's just great to have the 2 best midfielders in the world in their positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.