16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked dead on his feet tonight and I can't see him getting much of a rest in March.

Continues to carry us, were putting unfair amounts of pressure on him and I'm not sure he can carry this on until the end of the season. he isn't going to get a rest unless we start beating teams comfortably and we can give him the last 20 minutes off. Pep needs to get kovacic in thr side more he helps rodri more than anybody.

has to avoid yellow in the next game then he will be save for the big games in March...only see potential bench minutes against Luton/Copenhagen otherwise he will be very busy till mid April

Many mistakes. No wonder, he needs a rest.
Luton it is then.

Can you elaborate on what mistakes he made and how they cost us?

I saw a MoTM performance from Rodri and honestly missed the hiccups. He could have easily had 2 or 3 assists, if not for fine margins. It was Rodri’s pass to Walker that Bernardo failed to head goalward despite being open. It was Rodri’s pass again to Walker that Haaland headed in only for it to be called offside. (How is he the only one in the team that is able to make those overhead passes when faced with low blocks?)

Again it was his line breaking pass to Foden that he failed to convert towards the end of the game.

Continues to carry us, were putting unfair amounts of pressure on him and I'm not sure he can carry this on until the end of the season. he isn't going to get a rest unless we start beating teams comfortably and we can give him the last 20 minutes off. Pep needs to get kovacic in thr side more he helps rodri more than anybody.
One of the many things we miss from Gundogan’s departure is his ability to deputise for Rodri on occasion at the base of the midfield.

Unless we can integrate Kovacic more successfully in the side, I don’t see anybody else in the squad capable of giving Rodri the occasional rest.

Playing Rodri on his own in midfield as we are doing currently will only hasten his burn out and that’s another reason why I struggle to understand the current setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.