16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We setup with Rodri, Bernardo and one more in the middle today, we win that game comfortably imo. We didn't because he stupidly got himself sent off. 6 points dropped because of that moment of madness, he owes the team big time once he's back.
He owes us fuck all if he never passes a ball to a City player again. He had a rare moment of madness. What Kovacic did today was far worse and inexplicably he stayed on the pitch for ages after.

Sorely missed today, without Rodri we lacked control in midfield and without a doubt our most important player. Thank god he's back for Brighton.

It’s on pep. He’s had plenty of time to sort out an alternative and he didn’t. Blaming Rodri for it is out of order. We all thought before the game today that it was a good line-up

I agree with this, i can't wait for him to get back.

It's worrying how different we look when he doesn't play and him (and Kev) are vital if we're going to win anything this season.

I don't think it's just a case of him not being available. It's not having him, on top of not having kdb, Bernardo only just back from an injury and not fully fit, not to mention having a newborn baby at home which is almost inevitably going to impact his energy levels and then the two new midfield recruits not bedded in properly yet and pep completely writing off phillips.

If we went there today with a midfield of kdb, a properly fit Bernardo and gundogan for example i dont know whether we win but im certain we manage to play much much better. Rodri was holding together a very mishmash midfield right now so his already high importance to thr side is intensified further still. Which makes his stupud sending off even more infuriating.

His importance to this team is becoming Messi like. Looking back we should have thrown everything at Rice and when both available they could play together.

We need to find an adequate replacement who is good enough to fill in for him and play together otherwise no top quality player will come to sit on the bench.

I don't think it's just a case of him not being available. It's not having him, on top of not having kdb, Bernardo only just back from an injury and not fully fit, not to mention having a newborn baby at home which is almost inevitably going to impact his energy levels and then the two new midfield recruits not bedded in properly yet and pep completely writing off phillips.

If we went there today with a midfield of kdb, a properly fit Bernardo and gundogan for example i dont know whether we win but im certain we manage to play much much better. Rodri was holding together a very mishmash midfield right now so his already high importance to thr side is intensified further still. Which makes his stupud sending off even more infuriating.
I did mention Kev too, but yeah there's been a lot of things going on.

But with Rodri and Bernie back, look how different the shape, balance and performance was on Wednesday to today and last Saturday.
The arse weren't even that good today, especially first half. If we had played Wednesday's team today we would've won that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.