16 | Rodri 2024/25

I criticized him for being too slow in possession in his first season, how wrong can you be about a player.

I don’t actually think you got in wrong in that first season, it was a fair point, in the context of how we played.

Like all players Rodri has some amazing qualities but I would still say his recovery pace isn’t one of his better qualities.

What we see now, again, is the genius of Pep, maximising all the best qualities of his players and providing a platform to mitigate any weaknesses. The slower, more structured build up ensures players are in the right positions to win the ball back, if an attack breaks down. This suits Rodri perfectly and brings to the fore all his other outstanding attributes.

Last year Chelsea away turned into a bit of a basketball match and I think he struggled in that game a bit as well.

Edit:just noticed you said possession not recovery.

He looked like the Rodri we signed many years ago. He looked to be running with ankle weights, although he grew into the game.

Last edited:
I think it’s fantastic that we were able to give him extra rest. The negative of that is that it’s probably going to take him a few weeks to get back to his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.